Purchases on both Ebay.ca Ebay.com

Hi,

I keep running into this problem and wonder if there is something I need to instruct my buyers to do.

When someone buys multiple items and some are listed on .com and others on .ca the invoice can not be combined. So i issue two invoices and apply any applicable shipping discounts to one of them.

The problem is that sometimes my buyers are not able to check out and get a strange message indicating that the seller has not confirmed the shipping address.

I have tried to walk them through the process, asking them to pay for each item individually and unchecking the second item (I am not even sure if the second item is showing up in the checkout or not or if they can de-select it). I have suggested they go to the invoice sent to their email address and pay using the pay now button.

Usually after several attempts, sometimes several days, buyers somehow figure it out and they make the payment. But I don't know how they managed to do it and don't know how to instruct my buyers in this situation. I had one buyer become enraged at me out of frustration of not being able to check out and I currently have someone having difficulty paying right now.

Does anyone have any intel on this!

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Purchases on both Ebay.ca Ebay.com

When that happens, I usually include all shipping on one invoice and give the other free shipping. So far, it worked. I even had a situation like that last week, and the buyer didn't have trouble paying. He was from France though, so I don't know if that fact matters....

I wonder if you the new cart system in the US is the cause of this new troubles... 😞

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Hmm, I hadn't thought about the cart thing, you might be onto something there.

However this time my buyer is in Canada so likely logged in on .ca and the cart feature is probably is not applicable. I also put all the shipping on one invoice and had the other as free. She still has not paid, I am not sure if she gave up trying or what..

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

You could also send an invoice through Paypal and combine all of the items on one invoice. Put the ebay item numbers on the invoice for reference.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

However this time my buyer is in Canada so likely logged in on .ca and the cart feature is probably is not applicable.

That is correct. However, when I buy on eBay, I always search on .com even if I live in Canada. So if your buyer did the same thing, the cart might be the problem. Did you ask her if she used the cart?

With that said, I think PJ's idea might be a good alternative if your buyer is still unable to pay.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I have done the PayPal invoice thing in the past but the only reason I was even able to was because the buyer and I collaborated on a sneaky way they could give me their email address through Ebay messaging. Ebay deletes messages they detect with an email address in it so they had to type it out in pieces, substitute the at sign with the word "at" etc...

I don't mind going through all that hassle, but I am afraid some buyers will find the whole thing including the inability to pay, me wanting to invoice them directly to their email address, and having to try and defy Ebay messaging rules in order to to it, shady.  If I didn't know better as a seller, I would not be impressed with the situation either.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I have done the PayPal invoice thing in the past but the only reason I was even able to was because the buyer and I collaborated on a sneaky way they could give me their email address through Ebay messaging.

The email that you receive from ebay when an item is sold does have the buyer's email address on it.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply