Purse not as described

novakel
Community Member

Hi All,

Hoping I can get some advice on a recent purchase.

Item # 301082517339

It arrived today and the lining of the bag is very dirty. Some brownish stains, some black ones and even some stray hairs thrown in for good measure.

I contacted the seller indicating I believe the item may have been misrepresented.

Can you take a look at that listing and tell me if I'm out of line? You will notice that the picture of the lining is blurry. I now wonder if that was intentional.

Do I have any recourse here? Shipping it back is not an option. The outside of the purse is fine, I will attempt to restore the inside.

Thanks for any advise you can offer!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Purse not as described

If you've decided to keep the purse your options are limited.

You could ask for a partial refund, and I don't think $20 is out of line but that is completely at the discretion of the seller.

If the seller says no there is nothing you can do about it but trash FB (if that's your way).

No, you are not out of line to expect no damage as it was not mentioned in the listing.

What you've described is a very common problem when buying used items.

Some sellers hide the damage intentionally but some are just too casual when writing descriptions.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Purse not as described

The purse was sent through the gsp program. In that situation, I have read that if a buyer files an item not as described and wins the claim, they are not required to send back the item and receive all fees paid to the seller and PB.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Purse not as described

WOW!

By all means........... try that first ............... and then please let us know here how that worked out.

If that's possible that's a huge flaw with the GSP.

I have a lot of INADed pieces arrive here.

I've had more returns this past year than ever before.

Most of the time I don't even bother to contact sellers and just take the hit because ti's too stressful to go through the endless emails and the cost of return shipping is a problem.

It won't make by buy via the GSP, but that's interesting.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Purse not as described

Thank you for your replies.

I will give the seller a day or so to respond and if she won't issue a partial refund, I will file a claim.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Purse not as described

@i*m-still-here wrote:

If that's possible that's a huge flaw with the GSP.

Go on...

Message 6 of 6
latest reply