Purse; real or fake?

Bought a purse at a yard sale and was trying to identify whether or not it is a real Luis Vutton purse or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Purse; real or fake?

I'm not really into brand names, just MK watches, so certainly not an authority by any means.  I've NEVER seen a Louis look like that, and I don't know whether that's a good or bad thing!  One thing I do know that there HAS to be a kind of brass number of the model inside the purse and from there you can google and it will tell you.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Purse; real or fake?

Purse; real or fake?

I would try the following board first as there are a number of ladies that are familiar with Louis Vuitton bags. I know very little about them but I'm going to guess that one isn't authentic..but that is definitely just a guess.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Shoes-Purses-and-Fashion/bd-p/21000000009

limey...I don't ever recall reading about a brass number inside an LV bag. The do have a date code & serial number inside but I'm failry sure that those are not in brass. A word of warning..even if you do find the serial number inside and find it on google, that isn't a gurantee of authenticity as counterfeiters could probably fake those as well.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Purse; real or fake?

Sorry, I jumped the gun - first off I was thinking of another well-known high end bag that I saw in Italy 2 years ago.  And sorry OP for that misinformation.  I just took one look at the bag and thought it looked so fake to begin with and I shouldn't do that.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply