Question about listing rules

alero0
Community Member
A few years back when I started to sell on ebay I had a few of my listings pulled because I wrote in my listing "Contact me about other speaker covers that I may sell"
I just came across some listings from another seller who sells similar products as mine and they advertise other products (with pictures) in their listings apart from the actual product listed. I'm just wondering if the rules changed or are they just getting away with breaking the rules. This seller has 4 listings all of which are the same. One of the listings is Item number: 190196430864
Harvey
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I'm not sure in this case....they suggest that if you want a custom item they will create a specific listing for you, they also don't have the usual things used to try to take buyers off eBay.

One other thing about their listings which may be a violation (I'm not sure and not going to check) is that their terms of sale are contained in an image, while you can't change a listing once it has bids you can swap the images at any time (even after the listing ends).

I'm not so comfortable with that, I can see the problems..."your terms of sale said xxxx"...seller changes the image files and says "no they didn't".

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
As it is worded now his listings could get removed for offering to sell off-ebay.

All he would have to do to prevent that from happening is re-word the offer as follows:

Contact me about other colors and styles available and I will create a private ebay listing for you.

Monique

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
recped, you are absolutely right that the TOS are not allowed to be in an image or flash but must be in a text format. As it is, the listing is a violation of eBay policy.

As for the offer to sell off eBay Monique, I not so sure. The seller has made the listing suitable vague in that respect and would likely not be pulled as a result.

Bill

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
I agree Bill. That is why I said it "could" be pulled, not that it "would" be pulled. Depends upon the ebay rep that gets the report really.

Monique

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

alero0
Community Member
Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get a listing removed after being reported.(providing it is in violation of ebay rules). I reported it yesterday, not because I'm afraid of the compitition but because I'd like to be playing on a level playing field with the compitition. If that seller can offer 6 different items in the same listing then I feel I should be able to do the same.

Harvey
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
Did you report to .com or .ca. You will get a lot quicker results from .ca.

Monique

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

alero0
Community Member
I reported it to .com. I will try on .ca now

Harvey
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get a listing removed after being reported.

I reported a seller recently for copying my listings and they had them pulled in 3 hours.

Judy
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

alero0
Community Member
FYI, the listings were pulled

Harvey
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

whoscloset