Question regarding item returned.

Hi everyone,

I have a newbie buyer (FB 5) who expected me to run out to a jeweler to find out if a link could be removed from a certain type of bracelet. She really wanted it but knew from the description that it was too large for her wrist.

She then asked if she could return it for a "full refund" if it could not be resized. I told her that wrong size was not a viable reason to return an item because the dimensions are given in the description. I answered all of her questions very quickly. When I finished replying to the last item, I noticed that she had purchased (BIN) the item before I could finish my reply.

Very soon after receiving it she emailed me saying that the finish was worn off in some places. I told her I would give her a full refund if she returned it and I found that it was defective. She returned it promptly but I can find no signs of wear, nor could my husband when he examined it under a magnifier. Obviously it was the wrong size and she wants her full refund.

She has already left positive feedback without knowing yet that I have received it back.

What is the best way to proceed with this now? I don't want her to file an Item Significantly Not As Described but I also don't think she should get a full refund since there is nothing wrong with the bracelet and I would lose my listing and FVF's on it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Judy
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Refund, move on.
Good Karma will follow...

Xena
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

You can still file for your FVF as "mutual agreed"

Not worth the trouble, refund. It will just cost you more if you don't.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Offer an exchange for different product instead but tell her to make sure this time she chooses a good one. If she insists on the money, then refund.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thanks people. I think I will just refund and forget about it.

That is a good suggestion dipmicro but might be more trouble than it is worth at this time. I will keep it in mind for another situation though.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks people. I think I will just refund and forget about it.

Good choice!

For the (presumably) 5 or 10 bucks that are really at stake, why spend energy fighting?

File for a mutual, refund when done and, more importantly, invite the buyer to return at any time.

Many a customer who initially made a mistake has turned into a repeat buyer because I gave them the red-carpet treatment.

Xena
Message 6 of 6
latest reply