Quick question about international shipping

romijo
Community Member

Help

I'm wondering, why does it say that buyers have to contact me for shipping costs? How do I fix that?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

For U.S. shipping what Canada Post service have you specified that you are using? You must separate the U.S. from other countries as they have different services. For example, you would use Small Packet USA to the U.S. and Small Packet International to other countries. The calculator won't tell a buyer how much tracked packet international costs in the U.S. because there is no such service for the U.S. You would have to used Tracked Packet USA. TP international does go only to specific countries so if you are shipping worldwide you would have to specify another service for some countries.

Also, if you are using Canada Post Expedited to the U.S. the minimum measurements are different than the min. measurements for Expedited within Canada and if your measurements are too small for that service then the calculator won't work.

I suggest that for less expensive items you don't use a tracked service as most buyers are not willing to pay more for shipping an item than the actual cost of the item.  Instead of charging $43 shipping for a $13 book to the UK you could used small packet international for around $10.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

You need to state a shipping cost to countries you ship to, in the shipping section.

I use flat rate for international. Some countries I make a buck, some I lose a buck. It all evens out. Flat rate allows me to pick a widget price, and a shipping price, so that I end up at a price point.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

That will also show up to your  customer if you have chosen a service, but the dimensions you entered (for Calculated) do not match those of the service.

It is worth double checkng immediately after listing to see that your S&H is showing . I use 90210 for a US zipcode and Belgium for a country (because it is near to Canada in the list).

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

If the destination country does not offer th eservice that you offer, for example tracked pkt, buyers from this country will not see shipping fees, they will be asked by ebay to contact you. You cannot test 220 countries to check if the service is accepted by all tthe countries.

Plus, if the dimensions and weight do no match the shipping option, for example 1Kg item cannot be a light pkt, you will receive an error while you list.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply