Re-paying for an item.

edbro1
Community Member

I was refunded my purchase price for an item I did not receive within the specified time. Now I have received the item and have agreed to re-pay for it. What the safe way to do so?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Re-paying for an item.

Kudos to you for being honest! If you have the sellers pay pal linked email address from the initial transaction, I would just send them the money along with a note telling them that you got the item.  They will be delighted that you actually paid after getting the item!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

It's a good idea to include the original eBay listing number with your note to the seller so they can keep their bookkeeping straight.  I would prefer to message them first to say the item has been received and to ask for a PayPal invoice so I could keep my records straight as well.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Kudos to you for being honest! If you have the sellers pay pal linked email address from the initial transaction, I would just send them the money along with a note telling them that you got the item.  They will be delighted that you actually paid after getting the item!

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

It's a good idea to include the original eBay listing number with your note to the seller so they can keep their bookkeeping straight.  I would prefer to message them first to say the item has been received and to ask for a PayPal invoice so I could keep my records straight as well.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply