Real Names on ebay.com??

I was really surprised just now when I was searching for something and was directed to US Site and in the top left corner, instead of saying Hi 2011limey1, like it does on .ca, it said Hi (my first name) and then a drop down menu where it gave my first and last name, followed by 2011limey, etc.  I've never seen it there before - this is new.  I went in to my profile, etc. but there was no where to get my real name off it.  I don't particularly like this at all.  I guess some of you have noticed this too?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Real Names on ebay.com??

:^O I must be crazed today or something.....only I would be able to see my full name anyway!

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Real Names on ebay.com??

I haven't seen this yet. I will be looking now for sure though. disturbing.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Real Names on ebay.com??

Looked around on .com stores, but I am not seeing this yet. Maybe I haven't visited the right stores yet.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Real Names on ebay.com??

:^O I must be crazed today or something.....only I would be able to see my full name anyway!

Yes, I think eBay recognizes you as you, regardless of what site you're on, as long as you're signed in. :-x

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Real Names on ebay.com??

eBay.com has made some enhancements I've noticed in the last few months, and this must be one of them. 

I just tried switching to .com and I can see my full name, as well as my "My World" photo, and my feedback score.  But of course you do have to be signed in on the site.  I haven't checked other int'l sites, but it may be the same.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply