'Recapping Black Friday: The Hottest Items Sold on eBay': Ebay News

https://www.ebayinc.com/stories/news/recapping-black-friday-the-hottest-items-sold-on-ebay/

Screen Shot 2016-11-27 at 1.11.45 PM.png

The biggest holiday shopping days of the year are upon us, and data from eBay is revealing all of this season’s hottest trends. We’re providing several unique ways to visualize this holiday season’s hot gift items, including a heat map graphic that you can interact with for custom views of eBay’s rich transactional data.

Once you’re looking at the heat map, click on any state in North America and then you can sort by product category to see trending gift ideas. In addition, you can check in on eBay’s deals for Cyber Monday here, as well as on eBay’s Holiday Hub.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

thats great but is in USA what is for us here ?
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

There is this one from ebay.com only.

I don't imagine the staffing levels at ebay Canada HQ supports these additional marketing endeavours. There would require resources that are beyond our means. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

How does eBay expect this to be useful?

It's probably too late for sellers to get the popular products at a price that makes reselling worthwhile. And it may fool some naive newbies into dropshipping with the usual disastrous results.

Now it the plan is to release this as a press release it might encourage some buyers to shop on eBay -- any site.

Debbie Downer -- always here to ruin your day.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I was trying to find out what stamps were popular because apparently I don't sell them ;-(

@reallynicestamps wrote:

How does eBay expect this to be useful?

It's probably too late for sellers to get the popular products at a price that makes reselling worthwhile. And it may fool some naive newbies into dropshipping with the usual disastrous results.

Now it the plan is to release this as a press release it might encourage some buyers to shop on eBay -- any site.

Debbie Downer -- always here to ruin your day.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

...  or antiques, collectibles.

It seems the only items sold on ebay are Electronics, Fashion and Toys.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

There was an earlier version in the fall predicting the top items for sellers to source, or at least I'm assuming that was the point of Part 1 and that this is like a Part 2.

I'm uncertain as to how helpful it is but from the perspective of a fly-on-the-wall, I think it's interesting that they're selling a watch every three seconds. I know it's not my watch. Or even my toys. My November sales performance has been appalling in comparison to this month last year or the year previous. Should this trend continue into December, I will have some hard choices to make in January about what I'm doing here. Or not doing, as the case may be.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:
...I'm uncertain as to how helpful it is but from the perspective of a fly-on-the-wall, I think it's interesting that they're selling a watch every three seconds. I know it's not my watch. Or even my toys. My November sales performance has been appalling in comparison to this month last year or the year previous.

May your December make you a joyous seller...

My unexpected hot seller this weekend was 55 year old parchment butter wrappers ...

-..-

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Well then there is hope for my paper napkin from the WWII era Lethbridge Rodeo.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply