Recent Password Breach

Does the recent password breach affect the Canadian website? If so, why weren't we notified?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Recent Password Breach

With all this hype of eBay password problems on the Canadian TV, I decided to change my password.

By mistake when it asked for my email address I typed it in incorrectly twice.

Was early morning and not thinking.

However not once did the system say "Invalid Email address" just said that It was sending the password change request to this wrong email address.

I called the 1866 number straight away, and they advised me that the system is secure and my account will be secure. But I can't just rely on that, I have quickly removed all payment options, credit cards etc off the system, till I use it again. Just a heads up to you all out there.
I hope Technical department sees this and gets back to me saying they have corrected this.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I am on the Canadian website and did receive an email from eBay - but I would have preferred to know earlier than later.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hey everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 4 of 4
latest reply