Reduced GST beginning tomorrow?

dreamcoll
Community Member
So now we only need to collect 6% GST? Does it begin tomorrow? I'm just double checking before I revise all my listings.
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

funkywatch_com
Community Member
Yes, begins today, July 1st.

Don't forget to update your tax settings in Paypal > Profile > Selling Preferences > Regional Tax
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

dreamcoll
Community Member
What a PITA!! I'll have to revise 100 items one by one! Aaackkkk!!
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I doubt anyone will care that you say 7% in your listings, maybe if they still say that a year from now.........
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

jasonsportscards
Community Member
well if u look at it, most stores are not even ready for it, in windsor area alot said they have been unable to change over, and may take another few months. not sure of the reasoning but it made the paper a few times, so if u don't do right away i wouldn't worry
jason
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
so if u don't do right away i wouldn't worry

If you are referring to the amount of tax you state in your listings, I agree. If you mean the amount you ACTUALLY COLLECT from the buyer, I'd be switching to 6% immediately. The government doesn't take to kindly to these types of "mistakes".
Monique

Himalayan Salt Lamps - A Guide to Purchasing

Monique

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

dreamcoll
Community Member
I was referring to the amount stated in my listings. I have no intentions of overcharging my buyers.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply