Refund Issues

pjl28
Community Member

I have put in a request to return an item received damaged . The seller requested a second payment , after the initial payment , for extra shipping costs  . This second payment does not show up on the return details page ?  I have messaged the seller that I will not send the item back until I see both amounts included in the return . Then I read that I have 5 days to ship the item back . Should I just wait for ebay to step in ?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Refund Issues

The first thing you should do is make a mental note to never buy from this seller again. Sellers aren't allowed to send you an invoice for extra shipping costs after you have paid for something. If you want that extra amount refunded, I think you will have to open a case through paypal itself. eBay can't refund you for a payment they didn't allow, authorize and know nothing about. Don't wait any longer to send the item back. The case will be closed and you will be left with a busted whatever if you do. Do what ebay says here and then take up the second payment with paypal directly. Best of luck to you as you carry forward.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Refund Issues

The first thing you should do is make a mental note to never buy from this seller again. Sellers aren't allowed to send you an invoice for extra shipping costs after you have paid for something. If you want that extra amount refunded, I think you will have to open a case through paypal itself. eBay can't refund you for a payment they didn't allow, authorize and know nothing about. Don't wait any longer to send the item back. The case will be closed and you will be left with a busted whatever if you do. Do what ebay says here and then take up the second payment with paypal directly. Best of luck to you as you carry forward.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Refund Issues

.... But you're not confusing Import Charges collected by Pitney Bowes through the Global Shipping Program as a 'second invoice', are you? Because that is an entirely different issue. It has nothing to do with the seller and also there is a hub in Kentucky that repacks shipments so if your item arrived busted, that would NOT have been the fault of your seller. What the customs processing/distribution centre in Kentucky does is out of his hands. You are still entitled to your money back but your irritation should be directed at another party entirely. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Refund Issues

The item was not sent thru the Global shipping process , UPS priority mail .
Message 4 of 4
latest reply