Archive 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

eBay Restricting use of outdated Internet Security Protocol

Hi eBay Members, eBay has decided to restrict the use of outdated Internet Security Protocol, SSL 3.0, because we have determined that it does not meet our standards. As such, some Turbo Lister users could see some connectivity issues. For more infor...

Holiday Returns available in Turbo Lister

Hi Turbo Lister Users, The option to apply Holiday Returns in Turbo Lister is now available in the Beta version of the program. When deciding whether or not to be a Beta user, please keep in mind that the beta versions aren't free of bugs, nor are th...

HolidayReturns.jpg

Recent Issues w/Turbo Lister Sign In

Hi Turbo Lister Users, A recent Windows update has caused some programs, including Turbo Lister, to crash. To sign-in to Turbo Lister before the improved Windows update is released, please follow these steps: Open Internet Explorer Open the Tools men...

PayPal not accepting credit cards from all countries

I got a customer from Egypt who wants to buy from me. I remember this guy from couple months back and he also wanted to buy from me and I let it go because I was stupid at the time. He managed to get a MasterCard, he bought one of my auctions and he ...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

eBaY Shipping Calculator -> GONE WACKY

Anyone else getting this happening to them - for some reason when we post an item that has CALCULATED SHIPPING COSTS chosen and fill-out the information like weight and dimension and then proceed to post the item only to find the there either no ship...

How to make good profit selling $1 items without wasting time on S/H ???

I am very curious about the "DOLLAR STORE" way to sell on eBay. After more than a year with PS status on eBay, I can't understand how can you guys make good profit without wasting most of your time on S/H ? Do you have a cheap labor employee to do th...

Were there recent changes regarding Western Union?

Hi. I seem to be having problems relisting items. On one of them I was prompted a queue because I have Western Union in my auction description, although it's a Money Order I'm asking for and not a Money Wire or Money Transfer. I remember they did the...

Time For Another PROMO !!!

I do believe it is time for another 20Cent listing promo to help kick-off the arrival March Break. Will not post any new listings till the next promo otherwise buyers can pay higher costs for storebased items. I wonder how long before Mr. Donahoe is ...

Your opinion please

I have a customer who buy me 12 fur coat. She buy 6 coats Feb 28 and 6 coats Mars 06. These items are still here (not paid) Yesterday I realize the lady have already relist the coat she buy me. She even take my photo (as I can see she only do that) a...

Please help report this UK powerseller who has gone bad.

eBay's commitment to reducing fraud. recordvillage1 Apparently it doesn't include taking down sellers who are either dead, sick, or left the country. Sellers who still have over 5000 active listings. Sellers who have received over 500 negative feedba...

PS Status & DSR rating - Correct me if I'm wrong...

"you will need to have a minimum 4.5 score in all four DSR criteria over a 12-month period to be designated as a PowerSeller (or remain in the program). " "For those with a 4.6 and above on all four DSR criteria, we’ll give you a 5 percent discount o...

• 26 replies
  • 0 helpful

Update on Federal Court Ruling involving Canada Revenue Agency

Dear Community: We have a third update on the Federal Court Decision involving the Canada Revenue Agency and eBay Canada. Recently, I posted here to inform you about the Federal Court Decision involving the Canada Revenue Agency and eBay. This decisi...

Need technical assistance please!!

I designed a logo using Cool Text and it is saved to my Desktop but I can't get it installed in my Store. It is presently in "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer". I am still not that computer savvy and would appreciate any help I can get in getting it in...

Shipping alternatives?

I like many others am not happy with Canada Post. My solution was to drive from Toronto to Niagara Falls once a week and ship with USPS. Everything was fine until US customs told me I needed to get an import license and go through the truck lines! It...

ALL BIDDER'S IDS WILL SOON BE HIDDEN

If this isn't the stupidist move ever on ebay's part, it certainly ranks right up there in the top 3 or 4!!!! Ebay's solution to fake second chance offers was to make bidder's ids hidden once the bidding hit $200. So typical - a worse fix than the pr...

What makes an item on eBay.ca not to show on eBay.com ?

I list on eBay Canada, and just stubled upon few items that do not show up on eBay.com. Not in auctions, not in stores (search for PIC10F200, eBay.ca has them, eBay.com nothing), but search for PicKit2 and see it on both sites. Was kind of wondering ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Some Buyers

I just recently had a buyer threating me with feedback, what losers. He purchased something from me Feb 27th, I shipped it Feb 28th, and messaged me last night saying there disappointed they have not received it, if they don't get it by the end of th...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Best way to proceed?

Well, I got my first neutral yesterday, and like my one and only negative it felt like a kick in the teeth. I wanted to lash out immediately with a negative but like a good girl I held myself in check until I calmed down. The buyer is from France and...

GST HST coming up wrong for eastern provinces with PayPal

Hi all, PayPal is still charging eastern Canadians 15% sales tax even though I have set my tax tables to 13%. I anyone having this happen as well. This only happens when a customer pays before I can send him an invoice but I can't be at it 24/7. Gehr...

Emails to My Messages Not Being Received

Good morning, For those who I have not met, my name is Miriam, and I am the new Community Manager and Lead Pink for the Canadian Discussion Boards. I see several posts on this board about people not receiving their emails in My Messages. I understand...

Masking bidder ID's

And the newest "enhancement" is that bidder ID's will be masked for all auctions, not just when the auction price reaches US$200... ....sigh! Although I understand why it is being done, another bit of magic is taken from this marketplace. Too bad, as...

• 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

Can I get some help re. raising DSR for ship time?

OK, Today Xena's smug little bubble burst and her DSR for ship time dropped to 4.7, snivel LOL! It was the FB from Italy that did it (7 weeks in transit) but it also demonstrated that I was teetering on the brink anyhow. I always ship within 24 hours...

• 74 replies
  • 0 helpful

Shopping.com How did that happen?

Hi Everyone, I'm just a bit confused here. Nothing new! I just finished reading the announcment from eBay.com that says: Some Shopping.com listings appeared accidentally on eBay.com over the past two days. This system issue has been resolved. We apol...

EBAY vs FLEA MARKET

Hello Sellers, I haven't been selling very long on Ebay but here is a few things I have realized: I have sold items worldwide...never did that on the local flea market circuit I am able to sell 24/7...never did that on the local flea market circuit I...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Wonders never cease!

Hi all, With all the weeping & gnashing of teeth I thought that I would share with you all that my SHIPPING TIME DSR WENT UP! I about fell over! Since it's inception I have seen it go from 5.0 down to 4.6 along with shipping cost. But today I see tha...

Competition Act violation ?

I am not often on these forums, otherwise I would know this by now and I missed that little N/A in new Store and Fixed inventory pricing. I believe eBay Canada employees monitor these forums and I would like to get an explanation regarding a new poli...

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Shipping Problem - Enter a Valid Value???

I use flat rate domestic shipping only - or for international I have a "contact for costs". InterCanada shipping is $15 for FedEx overnight; or "zero" for local pick up. However, I can't put in shipping with the new eBay system, which is very frustra...

Unanswered Questions
No posts to display.