Time For Another PROMO !!!

I do believe it is time for another 20Cent listing promo to help kick-off the arrival March Break.

Will not post any new listings till the next promo otherwise buyers can pay higher costs for storebased items.

I wonder how long before Mr. Donahoe is replaced - looks like WALL STREET is not impressed at all with him management skills let alone his stewardship of eBaY so far.

I think Mr. Donahoe will be gone before the years end - mark my words.

Too bad, its not soon enough for us Sellers.

TIM @ FTL
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

How about a 10 cent listing day instead......?:|
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Don't you know that Ebay's new management, only runs promos now to mask the effect of a Sellers Strike? If we organize another boyott, they will probably have 2 promos in the same week again.

There is nothing happening on Ebay that needs covering up,with underhanded tactics right now, so no promo sorry!
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

There is nothing happening on Ebay that needs covering up,with underhanded tactics right now

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/ca/200803111404042.html

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

I will take advantage because I get more subscribers thru ebay right now till I get my own front store up and running so I can get off this island! Thanks.

Sukh
(Dream About Comics)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Thanks.

Sukh
(IComic.ca)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

The promotional rate also does not apply to listings created during the promotion March 12, 2008, but scheduled to start after the promotion ends..

Thanks for the link recped. I was just starting to organize all of the listings I was going to schedule tomorrow to start later. I only discovered recently that in the past you could do that.
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

How about a 10 cent listing day instead.

When you wish upon a star...........:-)
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

I only discovered recently that in the past you could do that.

Do what?

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
Schedule a listing

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction!

When you find doing what's right hard to do - you've got a problem.
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
So let me see. I've been starting my auctions at 99 cents this week, which was costing me $0.15 per listing. If I worked really hard and listed 100 items in the next 24 hours, I would save $5.00. Whooopeee!!! How generous. Great promo. Do you people really fall for this last minute announcement, save a few pennies, we'll nail you on FVF crap??? How about 500 free listings for people who have held powerseller status for more than a year, with 50% off Final Value Fees for any of those items which sell. Now that would be a promotion worth noting. And how about making this promo valid for the next 30 days to whom it applies. Such smoke and mirrors, such crummy promotions on Ebay. Holy Cow!!
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Heaven forbid Ebay ever REALLY do something for sellers, intead of just pretending they are.

I stopped using or giving a crap about their useless last minute 20 and 10 cent listing days. Just another carrot, that's rotten in the middle.
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Do you people really fall for this last minute announcement

I don't think this promo is for people starting at $0.99 auctions, more for people who sell through ebay and get 1-2 bids and auctions go for starting price.

If you are selling to a large target group, start your auctions at $0.99 and they are guaranteed to go up. If you are selling in the niche market, your auctions may go for starting price. If I was selling cell phones, laptops or game consoles, had competitive acquisition cost, I will throw them out there for $0.99 and this promo would be a laughing matter.

But there is few items that would normally cost me $0.40 or even $1 to throw to auction market (e.g. 330218305376), and it costs me just two clicks in my Auctiva account to list them, so why not do that click several times and save few bucks today?
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

i like the 10c to sell things that are worth few hundred bucks 🙂
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

I only discovered recently that in the past you could do that.

Schedule a listing

I knew you could schedule listings which I often did. What I didn't know until recently is that you could schedule listings on a special listing day to start after that day and still get the promo rate. Which now apparently you can't.
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

I stopped using or giving a crap about their useless last minute 20 and 10 cent listing days. Just another carrot, that's rotten in the middle.

I seem to recall that last year you said you would only list on special listing days.
Message 15 of 15
latest reply