Refund

How long does it take to receive a refund? Ebay sent me an email stating that I should create a paypal account in order to receive my refund and that it will take 7 business days. It's past the due date.Would anyone in a similar situation know the way forward.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Refund

@angelmulel0 wrote:

How long does it take to receive a refund? Ebay sent me an email stating that I should create a paypal account in order to receive my refund and that it will take 7 business days. It's past the due date. ...

You successfully created a paypal account and linked it to eBay.

The refund was issued before Dec 29 (7 business days ago).

Was the refund issued by eBay or was it a seller promising a refund?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Refund

The refund was issued by eBay. The amount is not reflecting in my paypal account
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Refund

Sometimes ebay inadvertently miscommunicates around the process of refunds. They may have told you to create a paypal account despite your payment coming from a credit card processed through paypal.

Can you check your credit card directly? I'd be willing to bet it went directly back to your funding source despite the instruction to create a paypal account.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Refund

If you back your PP account with a credit card, the refund would go to the card, not the PP account.

Did you look there?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Refund

I'll have a look again
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Refund

I suggested same at 8 am.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Refund