Reimbursement on an item that wasn't delivered?

piper_67
Community Member

I'm trying to find out why Ebay only reimbursed me half of what I paid for an item that wasn't delivered. Has anyone else had this issue?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Were you buying from a US seller who used the Global Shipping Program?

It seems that in these cases the refund is split into two: the money that went to the seller and the money that went to import fees (duty, tax and an import fee) is returned later.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

The seller is in China and the item was suppossed to be delivered by USPS. I was able to track the item from California to Washington State but then it got turned around and sent back to Cali. I phoned the USPS 1 800 number but when I put in my tracking number it said that there was no imformation available on my delivery.

I even asked rthe seller to look into it from their end but I didn't receive a response. When I asked Ebay to look into this, they originally sided with the seller until I appealed their decision. They then reversed their decision and sided with me but they then only gave me half of my money back..... and of course you can't call Paypal to find out why.

So now I'm just waiting for it to show up on my credit card bill and then I will conatct them and let them know that I never received my item and they will look into it for me and they will ask the seller to show that it was delivered, which they can't, and then I will get the rest of my money back.

Sure seems like a **bleep**py way to have to deal with it but I don't really see any othr options.

Thanks for your response.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply