Reminder that your fees go up tomorrow!

shoplineca
Community Member
Just in case some of you may have forgotten!

Malcolm
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

rd1000
Community Member
I registered my domain name today, and the auction manager program I used just launched a web hosting service. I can manage my new online store and any auctions I put on ebay from one program. Talk about great timing.

My ebay store is closed within a month.

Rob
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Lots of review tonight.

Angelo
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Lots of reviews done here also.

Elaine
TimelessClassicElegance
View Elaine Serafini's profile on LinkedIn
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Store closed!
I will run my own website next week.

Andrew
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

shooger
Community Member
Closed my store!
Started my own website (www.rancoredelf.com) and I'm selling for FREE. eBay still gets a cut via PayPal, but I'm going to save hundreds per month.
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

ononokajibwa
Community Member
Shooger - I checked out your website and it seems pretty good so far. I'm wondering what it cost to do something like that? I'm not making enough money from Ebay store and if I can run my own website for the same price I'll jump in a heartbeat. If anyone else has any input on Canadian webhosting or software I'm all ears.
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

ron-ann
Community Member
I am currently setup a website using osCommence. Open Srouce but does require a little work to customize. The webhoster I use is www.hostdepartment. Best webhoster I have found and they stay UP.
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

shooger
Community Member
ononokakaksldjaslkdba - I'm using yahoo webhosting, it's $20 a month for the middle package, which will be far far far more than I'll ever use (space and download). The only problem I've encountered so far is getting traffic to the site. It's very hard to get people to your site unless you have some kind of advertising. That's all eBay is good for - it has a bunch of buyers looking for things. In every other way, doing it yourself is better.
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

I wonder if Malcolm's son would be interested in selling an eBook on driving traffic to your website to a currently sizable market of eBay sellers?
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

shoplineca
Community Member
Actually, we have been thinking about doing web hosting and web design and other services. We have all the hardware including High Speed ISDN connection, hubs, routers the works. We are looking at bringing in something other than cable right now and at $500 to $4,000 per month (depending what we consider) we will definately need to support the cost by offering web hosting and similar services.

Either that or we will start selling off some of this hardware in the next week or so.

Malcolm
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

I hope that your services will include instructions regarding the care and feeding of spiders?
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

muminlaw
Community Member
LOL at system! That was only on the local news wasn't it? If so, it probably went over the heads of the easterners. They were so taken up with the spider, I forget what the news story was!

Glenda
Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

shoplineca
Community Member
Glenda
We actually get BCTV and a couple of other west coast stations but I didnt see that story.

Malcolm

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Actually I was being cute about the 'spiders' that search engines use to 'spider' websites and rank them. If I'm not mistaken this is the strongest form of driving traffic to a website.
Message 15 of 16
latest reply

muminlaw
Community Member
Sorry -- I thought you were alluding to the spider on the camera lens in one of the news stories last night. I can't even remember if it was Victoria CH or Vancouver BCTV. Not only the announcers were more interested in the fate of the spider - I was too ....... and I HATE SPIDERS!!!!!

Glenda
Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 16 of 16
latest reply