Reported stolen picture and text NO REPLY YET!

Well, I have to admit I am extremely annoyed with eBay. I reported this seller to eBay over 3 days ago for copying my listing word for word and the picture even still has my watermark in it. Ebay still has not responded 3 days later. This buyer has now relisted the item again!

What's the deal with eBay I thought they were out for our best interest. I am posting here as a last resort hoping that someone from Ebay will see the post and act on it.

the listing is

This seller has copied everything...I am disgusted I was even temped to contact the seller myself but that would be against eBay policy I'm sure.

For those of you who wish to see my listing it is listed here.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cindy
Cindy
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Oh sorry for the period at the end of a link. Here it is again.

I have reported this seller 3 times in the last 4 days with no response.
Cindy
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

I'm sorry I did it again...see I'm so upset I can't even think straight.

HERE IS MY LISTING THAT WAS COPIED.

Cindy
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

You have waited three days... Time to contact the BIG BOSS.

Write to Andrea Stairs, Canada Country Manager. You can reach her at astairs@ebay.ca

That should do the trick.
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Thank you sooooo much!!
Cindy
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Please let us know how things work out.
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

I just received an out of office email Andrea is on Maternity leave.

"Hello,

I will be on maternity leave from February 7th, 2011 through to early November, 2011.

During my absence, please forward emails related to eBay Canada to either Corbin Andrews (coandrews@ebay.ca) or Russ Patterson (rpatterson@ebay.com).

Thanks!"

I am redirecting my email to Corbin Andrews right now. I will keep you filled in.
Cindy
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Go to Russ. He's the MAN.
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

I have already sent my email to Corbin but I did cc Russ. Hopefully I will receive a reply soon.
Cindy
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Thank you Pierre. :-x
Cindy
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

That is good to know Pierre & Dory.

The last time a seller copied my listing description & photo she also copied the SSB template that I was using at the time...except for the shipping info & SSB link at the bottom. When I reported it to eBay they would not remove it unless I was a VERO member. I contacted SSB and they were able to get it removed promptly.
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

I had that problem a few years ago. Someone copied one of my listing. Tried to contact him but he would not delete his listing.

By chance, at that time I was using a lot of picture (I was selling clothing) so I was hosting them on a free photo hosting service. I changed one of the picture to this without chaging the file name:

This image was given to me by another seller on eBay.com and he (or she) gave permission to use it to everyone..

The best thing is that since browsers cache pictures (local copy to save download time), the seller did not see that image but he was still seeing the original one. The customers, going for the first time to the auction were seeing the rat... It took him about 3 days to delete the content of his auction!!!

Come to my store
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

bighillbargains1
Community Member
Love the rat...!

A couple of months ago a seller used one of my ebay listings for his Kijiji ad. Text and Picture. I reported him to Kijiji and 10 minutes later his ad was gone.
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Well the listing was pulled as of 10:50 this morning (4 days after initial complaint). So far I haven't received a response from Corbin or Russ but someone from eBay Customer Support replied to my original email by removing the listing and apologizing for the length of time that it took to respond to my email.

Is there an easier way to catch people who steal your listing content? I was randomly checking prices on the raincoat that I was selling to price some new inventory and BAM there it was the listing stolen word for word. If I didn't do the price check I wouldn't have never known.

Godboma I love the rat...priceless.
Cindy
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

I am glad to read the problem was taken care of.
Message 15 of 15
latest reply