Retirement of USD from eBay.ca Selling Flows

Hello Canadian sellers,

This thread is open for discussion regarding the recent announcement about eBay Canada retiring USD support from its selling flows. Myself and other employees will come visit this thread and do our best to answer any questions on this topic.

Message 1 of 1,448
latest reply
1,447 REPLIES 1,447

Re: Retirement of USD from eBay.ca Selling Flows

@sheepgal54 wrote:

For the record, eBay Canada is the only eBay site in the world to ever have offered the possibility to list in more than the local currency.

... What about all the china listings in multiple currencies on .com?

Because those sellers list on multiple eBay locations using the "local" currency of each.

Message 341 of 1,448
latest reply

Wow...I guess being a loyal Power Seller counts for nothing.  Very disappointed with Ebay's decision and I do hope they reconsider this decision for I would be forced to explore other avenues to sell my wares.  With this decision you are stripping away one of the main benefits of selling via Ebay as a Canadian seller.  I may only be another micro organism in the huge corporate pond but I can say this...your company is obviously out of touch with the international community.  Best of luck!

Message 342 of 1,448
latest reply

@sheepgal54 wrote:

I am wondering if this is a move to get the Chinese sellers off .ca that sell in multiple currencies with duplicate listings but only change titles?

No, ebay is fine to have the same item listed on different ebay country sites. Those listings will be in whatever the native currency is on those sites. You can do the same thing if you desire, it's not something unique to Chinese sellers. They would be more concerned with a seller possibly misrepresenting where they are shipping from.

Message 343 of 1,448
latest reply

So my question is what happens to my store? If I change some of my listings to CAD and move others to .com What will show up in my store? Will CAD show up on .ca and US$ on .com?  Hopefully both will show up.  And what happens to my selling manager page? Will I need another ID and another store on .com?

Message 344 of 1,448
latest reply

or are those Chinese listings all offerred on multiple sites and just all show up? If that is so will I be able to do that too?
Message 345 of 1,448
latest reply

"I have yet to meet a Canadian Seller that likes these changes."

Actually I understand and agree with the change.

Message 346 of 1,448
latest reply

What is the most exciting part about taking away other seller's ability to list in the currency they want to when you could already list in Canadian. There is nothing offered here. They are only removing a useful service.

Message 347 of 1,448
latest reply

I already get messages from buyers asking why I raised the price when a SALE PROMOTION ends... I can just imagine the complaints I'll get if the CAD dollar increases in value.

Message 348 of 1,448
latest reply

@sheepgal54 wrote:

So my question is what happens to my store? If I change some of my listings to CAD and move others to .com What will show up in my store? Will CAD show up on .ca and US$ on .com?  Hopefully both will show up.  And what happens to my selling manager page? Will I need another ID and another store on .com?

Your store remains the same, USD .com listings will show up along with CAD .ca listings. Selling manager pro subscriptions are tied to your .ca account, not sure how this flows through with mixed listings. Same ID to sell on any ebay site.

Message 349 of 1,448
latest reply

I use to feel in control selling on eBay and being my own boss. More recently and definitely after this change, I feel as if I'm working for a boss and that being eBay. We dislike our boss, but at the end of the day, we have no choice if we want to make money.

Message 350 of 1,448
latest reply

I am opposed to having this forced on us as much as the next person. I do not believe Canadian seller's sales will increase by listing in CAD. I do believe the majority of the US buyers will not purchase outside of USD.
Since ebay is not providing us with the proof otherwise, only their 'say-so'......

Suggestion-

Log onto ebay.com, go to  'advance search', your category i.e. "apparel" etc, click on "SOLD", go down to the bottom "check-mark only in Canada". Do the same for ebay.ca, compare the number of 'sold' items (sweater, skirt, coat) on each site. (this won't work for sellers who sell equally to both the USA & Canada) Obviously there are Canadian buyers and we've no way to distinguish if a 'sold' item went to the USA or Canada, so this would help only Canadian sellers who's clientele are essentially USA based. This will not be a 100% confirmation but I think it will for some sellers give some indication. 

Message 351 of 1,448
latest reply

I guess all my sales after July 1st will be on another site

Message 352 of 1,448
latest reply

THIS IS CRAZY THOSE HIGH C.E.O,s . JUST WANT MORE MONEY. WHY TRY TO CHANGE SOME THING THAT IS NOT BROKEN. A BUYER THAT IS LOOKING AT ITEMS IN A LISTING ALOT OF TIMES JUST LOOKS AT THE PRICE SO IF A ITEM THAT IS SELLING FOR 100.00 ON EBAY .COM AND SEES THE SAME ITEM AT 130.00 .CA DOES NOT LOOK AT THE FINE PRINT THEY JUST LOOK AT THE COST...AS OF THE DATE THIS HAPPENS I AM FINISHED WITH SELLING ON EBAY. ALSO YOU OPENED UP A BIG HOLE WHEN NOT ALLOWING A SELLER TO GIVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK. I HAD A BUYER STATE TO ME THAT THE CAR HE PURCHASED FROM ME RAN SLOWER THAN HE THOUGHT AND STATED TO ME THAT IF I REFUND HIM 50.00 HE WILL GIVE ME GOOD FEEDBACK THIS IS BLACKMAIL THE SELLERS HANDS ARE TIED MORE AND MORE, I HAVE OVER 1800 ITEMS I WANTED TO SELL OFF ON EBAY BUT NOW I JUST TALKED TO A HIGH END AUCTION HOUSE THAT WILL GET ME TOP DOLLAR FOR MY ITEMS AND ONLY CHARGE ME 15 PER CENT AND I DONT HAVE TO LIST SHIP AND PUT UP WITH ALL THE BULL. ALSO AS SOON AS A PERSON PUTS IN A CLAIM PAYPAL FREEZES YOUR ACCOUNT SO YOU ARE BY DOING THIS STATED I AM GUILTY BEFORE I HAVE A CHANCE TO SEND IN ANY PROOF ON MY END .**bleep** AFTER **bleep**, AFTER **bleep** THE LIST GOES ON SO , BYE EBAY ...

@cherylzwick wrote:

I think after 12 years on ebay, as of July 1 st, I will be done!!!!

@cherylzwick wrote:

@cherylzwick wrote:

. .

Message 353 of 1,448
latest reply

moncca5
Community Member

RIGHT ON EBAY ,,YOU HAVE A KNACK TO MAKE THIS PLACE **bleep**PIER ALL THE TIME ,,BOYCOTT SOON ,,IVE BOUGHT ALL MY ITEMS IN US FUNDS NOW YOU  ARE FORCING ME TO SELL IN CANADIAN ,,SCREW THAT .SICK OF THIS BULLCRAP

Message 354 of 1,448
latest reply

Hi this news is not good! I personally have no interest in listing my items in $CAD. Besides, all of my customers have been from the U.S. It looks like i will be moving my.business to Amazon then. Sorry ebay.
Message 355 of 1,448
latest reply

I THINK AFTER 14 YEARS I WILL BE GONE.
Message 356 of 1,448
latest reply

My God, why Ebay will be do it, why I can' t understand why, when we sell in us dollar, just made money with the exchange. Now better if we stop to sell on Ebay.

Message 357 of 1,448
latest reply

On top of all this, I haven't received a single free listing promotion since January for either of my stores. I was receiving 1-2 a month every month on all stores, but now nothing since January. If you think you can force my hand to "upgrade" my stores, especially in light of these horid changes, you are seriously mistaken.
Message 358 of 1,448
latest reply

I agree with your answer, it is will be just terrible for the Canadian seller, alltime they change something to give us more work, many are not the big company here, just sell for the pleasure.

Message 359 of 1,448
latest reply

I agree, when I started with another account they said is better if we sell in U.S, because the peoples in U.S hate to paid the exchange, now why they do this. After many I can keep my money back when I sell in u.s now with another account I stop my listing, I paid the fees for nothing, I prefer keep my stock in my container.

Message 360 of 1,448
latest reply