Retirement of USD from eBay.ca Selling Flows

Hello Canadian sellers,

This thread is open for discussion regarding the recent announcement about eBay Canada retiring USD support from its selling flows. Myself and other employees will come visit this thread and do our best to answer any questions on this topic.

Message 1 of 1,448
latest reply
1,447 REPLIES 1,447

Re: Retirement of USD from eBay.ca Selling Flows

Maybe that was the intent all along to get us to move over to .com...

Message 1121 of 1,448
latest reply

I too deleted my listings from .ca and was lucky to be able to recover my deleted listings from my email, one by one. As one of the member's said - it does not seem to matter whether we are in .ca or .com, if we delete a listing, it will delete it across the Ebay system.

It seems we are not getting any answers or help to our problems from Ebay. Try to read the posts and see whether you can find some answers in the discussion feed. Good luck. 

Message 1122 of 1,448
latest reply

To make things clear:

I NEVER processed these missing (?) listings!

On Listing Migration Tool their status is "processed" and "Moved to ebay.com" (they have the black USD badge checked).

The problem now is that i have to transfer them manually, ONE BY ONE. And im talking about 1000+ listings.

Also, Ebay will re-charge me for these "supposed to be processed listings". Smiley Sad

So, could raphael or someone else from Ebay stuff could help me???

Message 1123 of 1,448
latest reply

When you got the list with the black USD highlighted, did you scroll all the way down where you get the blue bars, which you then press in order to move all those highlighted listings over to .com?

It is clear to me that Ebay dumped out a migration tool with little or no instruction and expect the sellers to deal with the fall out on their own. Now I think THIS is unfair and unprofessional. Come on Ebay - you see us struggling - the least you can do is giving us a helping hand!

Message 1124 of 1,448
latest reply

Do NOT delete the original listings. END them.

Message 1125 of 1,448
latest reply

Once you have used the tool on the listings, it will NOT reset. You can only use it ONCE per listing.
Message 1126 of 1,448
latest reply

Did you click on DRAFTS in .com? It doesn't show a *number* but they are there.
Message 1127 of 1,448
latest reply

Well I just tried to convert a test 3 listings from USD to CAD and supposedly they should be in my drafts but they're NOT.

I have to say this is the most tedious "tool" I have ever seen, and then it doesn't even WORK?
Message 1128 of 1,448
latest reply

Okay, it seems they're in my drafts in SM not the generic selling page.

Soooooo, correct me if I'm wrong but I send these drafts live aren't I then in violation of the dupes policy? Why doesn't it END them when it converts them? Am I supposed t end them myself before I complete the drafts or after?
Message 1129 of 1,448
latest reply

They looked like that they already have been moved to .com!

But they arent on drafts folfer!!! Smiley Sad

Message 1130 of 1,448
latest reply

Someone above said they were in the SM folder under Drafts but NOT on the generic listing page under Drafts. If you do not have SM on .com that could be the issue. If you have it on .ca, look under SM and Drafts there. You should be able to process from there (it will throw you over to .com).
Message 1131 of 1,448
latest reply

What a rude response.

Message 1132 of 1,448
latest reply

So in my 600 some odd listing, no matter which way I do it, those listings get ended, and I lose all my watchers. total **bleep**. As it is now, if I search ebay.com my .ca listings do not all show up in the search... a continual sporadic problem that I see only getting worse, as NONE of the USA users I know bother looking at "more from international sellers" unless it is a super rare item that you cant find one in the states. What about conversions? So if it is in CAD, and bought by an American, does he get pinned fees to convert to CAD on Paypal... and then when I spend it on .com in USD I get pinned to change it back? I will tell you between this and the BS about the UPC for new items (I FIXED ALL THOSE, WHAT A PITA) ... the list goes on... you need to control less, and listen to your sellers more. The emails about cheaper listings KILLS ME AS A SELLER... IT IS SUPER FLAWED. I have been a user since 98, NEVER have been part of being asked about my opinion on any changes... I quit 06 - 09, and I know why and am ready again. I have been pretty busy at work and I think I might just let you kill my postings... 650 things for you to not make money on... too much of a pain in the butt for me to "migrate" then relist, then end listings... The least you could do is make it easy... but no. 3 things in 4 months that are all a pain....

Message 1133 of 1,448
latest reply

Untitled.jpg

Message 1134 of 1,448
latest reply

Note it says, on ebay.ca in the set policy section... choosing US$ attracts more US buyers and is 15% more likely to sell... yes now they say different... which is real?!?  I just tried doing a comparable pair (EXACT) set of listings .com to .ca in different tabs and the .com presents a unique set of problems... A) I cannot set GST or PST, only Stated taxes. B) I can set USA to free ship, but not Canada separate (I ship free to North America) C) It is the USPS calculator, so my International pricing is screwed.

Yes changing my pricing on the .CA side to CAD makes it, according to what it says there as 15% LESS LIKELY to sell... gee thanks for this, I actually was doing fine without this **bleep** interference.

So, If we list on .ca in CAD, we lose USA customers. If we list on .com in USD, we have to basically bypass all of the presets, the calculators, the rules set out and write our own into each ad, lose a % that cant be bothered to read, and answer constant questions about shipping... beauty eh?

I know for fact if I was not locked into store fees for 11 more months I would pull the pin.

I hope one of these days ebay catches wind that the sellers are fed up.... this could be so simple, yet they make it so hard. Common sense would be an awesome thing to have in the upper echelon of ebay employees... to bad that will not happen.

Message 1135 of 1,448
latest reply

"choosing US$ attracts more US buyers and is 15% more likely to sell..."

That was introduced about 12 years ago and was retracted by eBay-Canada last year when, after a market analysis, they realized that statement was not longer valid.

See their announcement for more information.

Message 1136 of 1,448
latest reply

" I cannot set GST or PST, only Stated taxes. "

Actually it is very easy for Canadian sellers, registered with GST/HST, to collect Canadian taxes for Canadian buyers when listing on eBay.com.  There have been many posts on the subject.

Message 1137 of 1,448
latest reply

"So, If we list on .ca in CAD, we lose USA customers."

Incorrect.  Thousands of Canadian sellers have been listing on eBay.ca in Canadian dollars for years with a large percentage of their business coming from American buyers.

Message 1138 of 1,448
latest reply

Maybe I am wrong, but to me it could be simple. 1 site, ebay.com. You Set your location, and the currency you want to list in. You put your ship prices in your ad. Ebay quits stealing taking 10% of the ship costs since that has jack to do with them. That is the reason for the calculator, not to make it easy for sellers or buyers, it is A) to stop fee circumvention (Here is an idea, make them so reasonable no-one wants to circumvent) and B) so ebay can scoop more "fees" for nothing.

Message 1139 of 1,448
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

" I cannot set GST or PST, only Stated taxes. "

Actually it is very easy for Canadian sellers, registered with GST/HST, to collect Canadian taxes for Canadian buyers when listing on eBay.com.  There have been many posts on the subject.

Sure you can collect, but there is no setting in the sell form... another pita.
Message 1140 of 1,448
latest reply