Returned item to seller and did not give me a refund

finsun
Community Member

i bought an item on March 6, 2015, item # 

I received the item and it was not as described. 

I emailed the seller on May 11, 2015

I did not open a case. I thought doing the refund through ebay "my messages" was good enough.

He sent me his return mailing address.

I mailed it back to him, costing me US$8 from USPS and I replied with this message:

"I have mailed it back, by USPS priority mail. It should have arrived on May 27.
I am wondering when it will be processed and refund will be issued to my paypal account."

A mistake on my part was that I misplaced the paper photocopy of the USPS tracking number as I sent it through a parcel pick up place in the United States.

He asked for a tracking number and I was not able to give it to him.

I emailed him a few times and he did not reply me.

What can I do now?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You waited a long time to complain, nearly two months.

And now another four.

The seller's comments have been redacted because exact quotes are not allowed for some reason.

If you can find the tracking number you could try an eBay Not As Described dispute (ResolutionCentre bottom of every eBay page), but without proof of delivery to the seller, it will fail.

You could also try going to the credit card I hope you back your Paypal account with (PPis just a useful mediator) phoning the 1-800 customer service number and asking about a chargeback.

Some cards do not require proof of delivery, but they still may want proof of shipping.

Perhaps the US parcel forwarding company has a copy of the tracking number. But you should expect to pay for their search time.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

If you paid with a credit card, they may accept a chargeback although they may also require a tracking number to show that the item has been returned. Otherwise, there isn't too much that you can do now. Both paypal and ebay require that there be proof of delivery confirmation and even if you had that, it is now too late to open a claim on either site. On ebay you have up to 30 days after the estimated delivery date to open a claim. On Paypal you have 180 days after purchase and it has been past that time.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply