Rude comment from seller regarding my "best offer".

I recently made a "best offer" for a seller from US. The seller found my offer "ignorant" and sent me a very rude and inappropriate  comment  regarding my offer (I actually found it very-very rude, but I am from Canada). I am not willing to teach this person a lesson, but I'd like to leave a feedback for him/her.

Is there any way I can leave a feed-back for this seller? What is the appropriate way to deal with the issue?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Ignore them and don't bid on anything they have for sale.

You can't leave feedback when you don't buy anything.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

It depends how LOW the Offer was. Most sellers accept REASONABLE offers. That does not mean LOW BALLING.

Bare in mind sellers have ebay / Paypal expenses of 11-15%. & if you are from Canada, a HUGE percentage of USA sellers will not ship into Canada, Especially if they have money back policy. Ask the question first, BE reasonable with your offer, & you will get success. A LOW BALL offer could be construed as an insult,  hence a seller might call you ignorant. You can not leave any feedback for a seller if you have not bought an item  & bare in mind that seller can block you buying in future, whether you buy or not.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Ignore them and don't bid on anything they have for sale.

You can't leave feedback when you don't buy anything.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

It depends how LOW the Offer was. Most sellers accept REASONABLE offers. That does not mean LOW BALLING.

Bare in mind sellers have ebay / Paypal expenses of 11-15%. & if you are from Canada, a HUGE percentage of USA sellers will not ship into Canada, Especially if they have money back policy. Ask the question first, BE reasonable with your offer, & you will get success. A LOW BALL offer could be construed as an insult,  hence a seller might call you ignorant. You can not leave any feedback for a seller if you have not bought an item  & bare in mind that seller can block you buying in future, whether you buy or not.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Most sellers me included will except an offer of 10 to 25 percent on the outside depending of course on the actuall item,if its gold or pure silver ,an offer of 10 percent is fine depending on the sellers original price,some sellers ask a crazy amount compared to others,best off to researtch what others are selling the same item for,ive bought silver bars for a reasonable amount like 30 dollars and hve seen other sellers asking 97 dollars or best offer kencor is bad for that hopeing someone stupid will come along,best off not to even make an offer when the person is asking three times the value of something,now if its an expensive amplifier the guy wants 500 dollars or best offer and you offer him 50 bucks then thats ignorant because chances are its probably worth 450.00,if im buying i usually look to see what others are selling the identicle item for just my thoughts
Message 4 of 4
latest reply