SELLER can change names to avoid pay pal upgrades

I WON a clock on auction made payment via pay pal , between that time thay seller change names to avoid a pay pal upgrade for over 5 sells a year , now time has pass and $ has been removed from my bank account .and in limbo and seller will not send item

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

then y did I get 2 emails from sealer whan can expect payment

forgot what name he or she was useing looking in wrong account

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

"between that time thay seller change names to avoid a pay pal upgrade for over 5 sells a year"

????

You were absolutely wrong to leave negative feedback for your seller.

First, the seller had changed his User ID Sept 24, a month before you purchased your item (Oct 25).  That ID change is irrelevant to your transaction.

Second, you paid by e-check through PayPal, not instant payment.  While the money may be taken from your bank account, it does not get deposited to the seller's account by PayPal for ten to twelve calender days.  You had been advised of that delay at time of payment.

Third, the listing states "Will usually ship within 2 business days of receiving cleared payment". It also states "Delivery Estimated within 3-9 business days"  If you had taken the time to add it up, you would realize you were impatient and decided to blame the seller for a delay originating from your method of payment (echeck).

I suggest you apologize to your seller and ask him to send you a feedback revision request to which you will immediately agree.

In the meantime your name has been added to my blocked bidder list.  Some sales are not worth having.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

You were absolutely wrong to leave negative feedback for your seller.

Of course they were, a Feedback Revision is paramount.

This is the only Negative the seller has received this year due to the buyers impatience.

Always post with " Clean Hands." & be aware there is a Report Buyer option.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

then y did I get 2 emails from sealer whan can expect payment

forgot what name he or she was useing looking in wrong account

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I will never use EBAY AGAIN
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I will never use EBAY AGAIN

Sigh of relief from assorted sellers.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

When a seller changes their name, their Paypal account stays the same so even if the name change had been after your purchase instead of before...that would not have affected the payment in any way.

Plus, even if you had paid instantly, you are in the U.S, the seller is in Canada. It's not reasonable to leave a negative for an international transaction after 2 weeks as it often takes longer than that.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

We live in the age of information overload. The brain coping method is to ignore information surplus.

If webpage has more information than necessary, people assume instead of read.

What possibly happened here ?

1) Information overloaded buyer did not read PayPal notice about deferred payment, and confirmed payment.

2) After couple days buyer demanded explanation

3) Annoyed seller assumed buyer knows about e-checks and is just being a pest and said "I did not get it yet"

4) Buyer assumed seller has no payment because he changed his ID lately

Looking at the feedback and follow-up language, both of them give a vibe of lack of communication skills.

But problem is not ignorance, it's information overload. These folks cannot be blamed for method mother nature gave them to cope with the issue. PayPal is not so bad as far as noise, but Ebay is big offender, if someone comes from Ebay to make a quick stop on PayPal, their brain is still in the blocking mode, so they just click confirm instead of reading.

As an example of how information noise weight sinks the site - Google vs Yahoo. While Yahoo has been adding more and more stuff to their homepage, Google always had a box and two buttons that made them over 10 years 10x larger company than Yahoo ever was.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply