SELLERS CANT LEAVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK

SELLERS GET ALL KINDS OF FEEDBACK, BUT NOT BEING ALLOWED TO LEAVE A NEG FB FOR A MALICIOUS ATTACK IS NOT FAIR. I HAVE HAD 7 NEG FB CAUSE PEOPLE DON'T READ THE AUCTION WHICH SAYS NO CASES SENT WITH DVDS UNLESS REQUESTED WHICH WILL ALSO HAVE A WEE HIGHER SHIPPING TO COVER THE CASE, SINCE I SHIP FOR FREE.

EBAY TELLS ME WHT TO DO, I DO IT AND STILL GOT ANOTHER NEG FB FOR SAME REASON AND EBAY KWEEPS THE NEG THERE. SO NOT THAT I WANT TO GIVE HARST RETALITORY NEG FEEDBACK TO A BUYER, BUT WE SHOULD NOT BE LEFT TO THE WOLVES OVER COMPETITIOR OR FRIENDS OF COMPETITORS, OR JUST MEAN PEOPLE. DEFINATE ROOM FOR ABUSE. FINE DON'T ALLOW RED NEG FB, BUT WE SHOULD GIVE SOME WARNING TO OTHER FELLOW SELLERS BY LEAVING A NEUTRAL FEEDBACK.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

eBay tells buyers they should get what is in the picture..

All caps is yelling.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

In your listings.

Put together a specific description section..... just before your terms of sale.

Get rid of the Capitals.

Your descriptions leave much to be desired.

Like Elmwood says....    Caps are considered yelling......  and very difficult to read.....

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Hello '911videotraining',

<<NOT BEING ALLOWED TO LEAVE A NEG FB FOR A MALICIOUS ATTACK IS NOT FAIR>>

It would be, were that the case.   What I see is not malicious feedback but feedback from people who 

feel they did not receive what they ordered.  

So I must ask you, - why in blazes do you feature a picture of a boxed set and then send something different?

If at any time you send a buyer something other than what you present in your listing picture, you are inviting 

trouble. 

<<PEOPLE DON'T READ THE AUCTION WHICH SAYS NO CASES SENT>>

Then why don't you show a picture of the discs only?  The picture should indicate what the buyer will receive.

If after all this time you maintain that your buyers are not reading the fine print, - then offer a picture of what 

you will be sending.  You can subsequently include a phrase about a case being available at a higher cost 

if requested.

<<EBAY TELLS ME WHT TO DO>>

Indeed they do.  And among all the other instructions, ebay tells sellers to picture and describe the item 

accurately so buyer's know what to expect.  There is nothing mentioned about depicting one item but mailing

another:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/listing_ov.html#creating

<< WE SHOULD NOT BE LEFT TO THE WOLVES OVER COMPETITIOR OR FRIENDS OF COMPETITORS,

OR JUST MEAN PEOPLE.>>

Sadly there is no shortage of mean people in the world, but I do not see anything untoward from those in 

your feedback.  None of that would have happened had you shown a picture of exactly what the buyer would

receive.

So start today and get your listings cleaned up.  

And if you'll pardon my saying, - you don't do yourself any favours with snarky replies to neutrals and negs.

All that does is deter any really good buyers who see that and assume you will be poisonous to deal with.

Best of luck Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Please don't shout. It makes your post difficult to read.

NOT BEING ALLOWED TO LEAVE A NEG FB FOR A MALICIOUS ATTACK IS NOT FAIR

Sellers have not been allowed to leave FB for some years now.

Who do you think reads FB? Not your fellow sellers. It is your future customers.

How would they react to a rant from a seller they are considering purchasing from?

7 NEG FB CAUSE PEOPLE DON'T READ THE AUCTION WHICH SAYS NO CASES SENT WITH DVDS

Have you looked at your listings with a mobile device? Can this request be seen on a phone? A very high percentage of your customer demographic is impulse shopping on phones.

If you are not going to send the cases, you must not picture the cases.

Show only the naked discs, since that is what your customers are going to get.

The negs demonstrate to me that your customers want and expect the DVD case. Time to change your packaging.

HIGHER SHIPPING TO COVER THE CASE, SINCE I SHIP FOR FREE.

You do know that Free Shipping just means 'this price includes shipping' right?

Which is cheaper:

A $5 item with $10 shipping

A $10 item with $5 shipping

A $15 item with Free Shipping?

And you get a better FVF rate from eBay with Free Shipping including shipping to the USA and internationally.

Here's another thought.

Your DVDs appear to be unusual items. Why are you trying to have low prices when you have little or no competition?

Your listings remind me of the old saying "Penny wise and pound foolish" which means it is a bad idea to try to save pennies while letting dollars slip through your fingers by having unnecessarily low prices or by disappointing customers by not sending what you picture.

ADDED AFTER A LOOK AT YOUR LISTINGS.

I had to scroll down through a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong list of what was in one package before I reached the bit about the lack of packaging.

No wonder your customers are annoyed.

Frankly you are lucky that most buyers don't understand how important DSRs are to sellers.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

- Instead of thinking/blaming externally, try to think internally.

- You're making so many mistakes in how you're doing this.

- Look at the common theme of the complaints

• Quality
  • Not What's Pictured

- Some people leaving positive feedback are complaining. That's never a good sign.

- Your titles.....drop the caps/say it's discs only at least.

- Your write ups......too much, simplify/reduce.

- Your responses to negs/neut, not going to help you one bit.

Change the cause of the "problem", because without the cause there is no "problem".

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

"THE CASE IN THE PIC IS FOR ADVERTISING ONLY AND IS NOT PART OF THE SALE. TO ALLOW FOR LOWER SHIPPING COSTS, ALL DVDS ARE SHIPPED IN

A PAPER OR PLASTIC SLEEVE AND IF YOU WOULD LIKE A PROFESSIONALLY DESIGNED CASE INCLUDED WITH THE DVD SET, THE COST IS EXTRA TO COVER CASE

AND SHIPPING FEES.... PLEASE CONTACT ME WITH THE CASE REQUEST AND I WILL ADD COSTS TO INVOICE. THANKS"

Also you are trying to charge them extra for the case itself??? Cases are almost free in the real world.

Why would you do that?

We ship dvd movies all the time with the case.  As long as it fits through the 2cm slot it goes as lettermail to Canada and if over 100g but under 201g then light packet to USA and overseas.

One more thing.  Are all your dvd's region free? If they are not then selling them outside of North America is a really bad idea.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

You are getting negs because the listing is confusing.  No where does it say. "Only the disc will be shipped, the box shown will not be shipped", or "the box shown is for illustration purposes only and is NOT included, only the disc is shipped, which lets me offer free shipping", etc. 

All the listing says is that there is an extra charge for a custom case.  You need to be super specific, you are selling to a great range of people with a lot of different language skills and nuancing the fact that the shown case is not included creates problems.  A picture is worth a thousand words, and you are creating a strong image with the nice box set picture.  You want to use that image to get people interested, so you have to have a strong message to make it clear that nice case is not included.   Also add a picture of the actual disc being shipped, as without it you are reinforcing that the picture is what is being sold. 

I have a simple motto: "Disclose until it hurts".   If you leave any room for doubt you will have problems.  Looks like you have a nice niche product line, the listing format is not adding.

And yes, no negs is an ongoing issue with pros (deadbeats get flagged) and negs (to many sellers abused it)   

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Just a suggestion:

Your listing is hard to read with all the different colours and fonts.  I would make it all uniform.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

No where does it say. "Only the disc will be shipped, the box shown will not be shipped", or "the box shown is for illustration purposes only and is NOT included, only the disc is shipped, which lets me offer free shipping", etc.

Actually he does.

It's the fourth line from the bottom AFTER all the topics covered on all the discs. The list of topics is about a metre long.

It's there. It's just not easily visible.

Good to hear from other DVD/CD sellers who manage to sell profitably even while supplying cases.

Well, maybe I'm not a fancy gentleman like you, with your... very fine hat. But I do business. We're here for business.-- Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Looks like the seller added the info in a new listing, not in the listing I originally read or in some others.   Looks like these are copies, hope the seller has the rights to sell the DVDs like this or there could be VERO issues.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply