SHEEEEESH MAN!!!

katiusciav
Community Member
on the topic lately of cx's wanting their money back etc...i just got an email from a girl saying she received my soapstone sculpture, (advertised as damaged), and claiming it ISN'T soapstone, and wants all her money back, plus shipping. now, when i purchased this item, everything i know about soapstone revealed to me, soapstone. it was sold to me as soapstone, and had all the characteristics. she's saying that the fracture reveals cast material inside the actual soapstone figure, and not really soapstone. if she's requesting a 'full refund including shipping', i'm assuming she'd like to keep this piece and just get a nice paypal money gram sent to her in a tidy package with a pretty pink bow on it and that's that. i've asked for close ups of the 'fracture', and of the apparant cast material, but that will only show me so much through pics.
i've asked, alternately, that she return the item for a refund. now, i know she's going to naturally ask (and expect) that i pay for shipping back to me as well, and then reimburse her shipping...like i'm miss moneybags, especially lately...

advice please, much needed...what to do?
Kat
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

SHEEEEESH MAN!!!

whoscloset
Community Member
I would make her ship it back and pay the shipping upon it's return. Yes, it will cost you some money but I wouldn't let her keep the item and your $ too.

Monique

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

SHEEEEESH MAN!!!

katiusciav
Community Member
i was afraid that would be the advice :_|

so i should reimburse the sculpture, the shipping there AND the shipping back??? all three?
Kat
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

SHEEEEESH MAN!!!

whoscloset
Community Member
I would tell them that you would like the sculpture returned. Upon having it inspected, if indeed it is proven NOT to be soapstone, you will refund all costs. If it is found to be as was described in the listing you will only be refunding the purchase price.

Monique

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

SHEEEEESH MAN!!!

Sorry but if she paid for the item via PAYPAL and you authorize the return then PP will refund her initial purchase plus shipping costs. As for the return shipping costs that is entirely up to you to decided if it is warranted.

Like Monique mentioned, if in fact it is NOT soapstone then you should refund the return shipping costs because the item was incorrectly described.

However, regardless of whether it is or it is not soapstone once the item is returned its hard to go back and disagree with the buyer as they will most certainly fight you tooth and nail so eitherway you lose. Plus by fighting with them you risk increasing your chances of getting a negative feedback or a positive feedback with a negative comment.

Good Luck

TIM @ FTL
Message 5 of 5
latest reply