SHOPPING CART

Hi there, just a quick question about the Cart.  Is it me?! In that sometimes I see the Shopping Cart in the top right hand corner and sometimes I don't.  I recently ordered 2 items from the U.K. - second item shipping was free.  Can't remember exactly what happened but at one point I saw the shopping cart and then boom, it had gone.  Anyway, I sent the vendor a note and they refunded the second shipping cost.  So not a big deal, but would like to know for future reference if anyone knows.  Other sites I buy from, it' seems so much easier - Cart is always there and you can go in there and modify, delete, etc.

Thanks in advance and.....

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY BOARD BUDDIES!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

SHOPPING CART

It depends on the site you use when you buy.

Shopping cart is available when shopping on eBay.com

NOT when shopping on eBay.ca

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

SHOPPING CART

Thanks Pierre, I'm wondering why not on .ca, doesn't make sense to me at all!  So, in other words you have to email the vendor before you purchase to refund the 2nd shipping charge - that's crazy in my estimation.  Surely putting a little cart in for Canadians wouldn't be too hard to do!  Ah well.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

SHOPPING CART

@2011limey1 wrote:

Thanks Pierre, I'm wondering why not on .ca, doesn't make sense to me at all!  So, in other words you have to email the vendor before you purchase to refund the 2nd shipping charge - that's crazy in my estimation.  Surely putting a little cart in for Canadians wouldn't be too hard to do!  Ah well.

Hi 2011limey1,

We're working on it. Hoping to make it happen very soon 🙂

Thanks,

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

SHOPPING CART

"Hoping to make it happen very soon '

I certainly hope NOT.

A shopping cart on eBay.ca will NOT help Canadian sellers.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

SHOPPING CART

Thanks Kalvin...I read you all the time, but have never "spoke" to you!  Hopefully soon like you said.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

SHOPPING CART

"very soon" how soon is soon??? I don`t think I am alone constantly and increasingly having to refund buyers who are buying multiple items and paying for each item individually, then refunding the difference in shipping. No one is compensating sellers dealing with current checkout method ie. additional final value fees on shipping and paypal fee for each separate transaction. I am starting to get buyers blaming me for the current system of purchasing multiple items and saying that I should have a shopping cart. That would be a dream come true!!!  Why is this taking soooooo long to add the shopping cart to ebay.ca, or at the very least the ability for users on ebay.com to purchase multiply items from ebay.ca and pay all items at the same time not individually??? “Visit seller’s store” to continue with purchasing multiple items after “Commit to buy” works when you are logged into ebay.ca, why does it not wok on ebay.com???

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

SHOPPING CART

merritt-motorcycle  wrote "very soon" how soon is soon????"

Exactly - this would not be hard to set up and as I said before it's on every site I know, of course including .com - Kalvin, what gives?

I'm a buyer who finds this extremely frustrating having to msge seller - and what an incovenience for merritt, as a seller!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply