Save 50% on final value fees for up to 5 listings

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Save 50% on final value fees for up to 5 listings

Very lucky. I remember last year I got an invite for no FVF on 5 items.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Not invited. Oh well, I'm not selling much right now anyway...
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I have received this promo in the past, as well as the one that funfunlego1 received. In past posts about these promos, others have speculated that these are small promos occasionally sent out to sellers to encourage listing (perhaps randomly, perhaps to specific sellers).

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Canada Post will be locking out their workers on Friday July 8.

Do unless you can drop any shipments at Deeprak Chopra's house for him to hand deliver, the whole thing seems pointless.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I predict that any packages Mr. Chopra finds on his doorstep in the near future to be more the flaming sort that require a good stomping. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

I predict that any packages Mr. Chopra finds on his doorstep in the near future to be more the flaming sort that require a good stomping. 

I feel that instead of direct deposit his pay should be as a cheque via lettermail...

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

... or the smelly sort that require a thorough spraying with disinfectant. 

Which reminds me of a story.  Many moons ago, when I worked in the PMO (Pierre Trudeau's) as a correspondence officer, one day an envelope arrived from somewhere out west -- I neither remember nor want to now speculate which province -- that had a particularly squishy feel to it.  It had passed the RCMP's screening, presumably because it was organic matter rather than mechanical or electrical (remember, there was no such thing as an electronic device in those days).  

Well, we gathered around while the section chief opened the envelope.  Sure enough -- inside was exactly what it smelled like, brown and squishy.  Apparently the sender felt no note was necessary, but that the "media" was the message.  There was just a neatly wrapped, cellophane package chock full of an unmistakable organic substance.   (There were no "Ziploc" bags back then either, so the packaging was less than hermetically sealed and the contents had duly begun to decompose in the course of the envelope's journey through the mails, making it clear to every nose in the room what was inside).  

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Canada Post will be locking out their workers on Friday July 8.

Do unless you can drop any shipments at Deeprak Chopra's house for him to hand deliver, the whole thing seems pointless.

Yeah, I totally agree that it seems pointless. But it shows how desperate eBay is to convince us to stay open. I have until July 14 to list those 5 items, so hopefully, the conflict within Canada Post will be resolved by then and I'll be able to use those listings.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply