Screwed over by PayPal again!

normpop
Community Member

It's been less than 45 days and PayPal has closed my case for a claim against a Chinese seller.  I had purchased an XL adult sized mascot costume and today received an ugly green tie from the seller with the Paypal tracking number.  Why does Ebay?Paypal put up with this fraud and continue to penalize its costumers?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Screwed over by PayPal again!

So, what happened?  You filed the claim with paypal within 45 days of purchase and they told you that the 45 days has passed?

That's what it sounds like?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

bbleila56
Community Member

Yes, Paypal is always penalizing buyers. I just had a case, bought a ladies coat and received children's size, even though I ordered by their size table. They know we cannot send item back with tracking. My total cost was 40 dollars. Yipee! Opened a case and they decided on my side, if I return the coat with tracking. Well I tried the post office, they ask 102 dollars for shipping. Hahaha .Thanks for nothing Paypal.

I know this is a reoccuring theme, but Paypal is ignoring this scam. Their swiss bank accounts must be doing well with these cheat sellers.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

File with EBAY as SNAD and do so before the 45 days is up.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

If it has been less than 60 days you can still leave feedback and DSRs.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Yes, Paypal is always penalizing buyers. I just had a case, bought a ladies coat and received children's size, even though I ordered by their size table. They know we cannot send item back with tracking. My total cost was 40 dollars. Yipee! Opened a case and they decided on my side, if I return the coat with tracking. Well I tried the post office, they ask 102 dollars for shipping. Hahaha .Thanks for nothing Paypal.

I know this is a reoccuring theme, but Paypal is ignoring this scam. Their swiss bank accounts must be doing well with these cheat sellers.

Was the item you bought from China as well?

They can ship to us for next to nothing with signature confirmation.  I received a package I paid about $10 for including shipping from China and had to sign for it.

They can ship to us with tracking for next to nothing and we can't return it with tracking unless we pay in the $100 range.

That means they can ship anything they want and if they don't care about FB they're home free.

Wow!  Now there's an easy scam for Chinese sellers if they decide to milk it.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

The Chinese don't need to run these scams - they already control a big part of the market with legal stuff. When was the last time you saw a Canadian souvenior that wasn't made in Hong Kong?

It got so bad, that some of the stuff we saw in Alaska a couple of years ago prominently displayed "Not Made in Hong Kong". When we were waiting for our plane out of Anchorage, all we saw coming in were 747 cargo planes flown by China Airlines.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

bbleila56
Community Member

Yes, the item was from China.

Unbelievable how they can send items for cheap, while at home is costs hundreds.

What ails me is, that all our garments(and everything else) are imported from China, so they know our sizing, yet when we order items, the sizing is small. Some post measurements, even those are not accurate.It does not take time to get on computer and find out North American sizes. Funny, I thought i cannot go wrong with purchasing rain coat for my dog. Just to make sure, I ordered large size. Of course, the coat did not fit, was to small. And the purchase was for a 8 pound Yorkie. Even dogs in China are growing much smaller?

Another good one.... was looking for back support item(adult) but item will fit waist 24". Anyone remember when your waist was 24"?

Message 8 of 8
latest reply