Search Seller Feedback

Is everyone else seeing the Search Seller Feedback option on the .COM site everywhere now?  When it was first introduced I thought it was stupid but I can see some uses for it now.  I still think the resources would have been better spent on fixing something more useful to everyone but nobody asked me.   If you are wondering about cheap mailing labels from China you can enter the keywords and do a feedback search and see thousands of comments for that one item about "They don't stick properly".  That's good to know so you can find another seller.  😄  

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Search Seller Feedback

I don't see that option yet. Is it in the same area as the seller feedback, buyer feedback tabs?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Search Seller Feedback

I see it. Interesting. I remember reading about it long ago, probably on ecommercebytes.

Screen Shot 2016-07-30 at 4.14.48 PM.png

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Search Seller Feedback

Screen Shot 2016-07-30 at 4.16.58 PM.png

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Search Seller Feedback

Screen Shot 2016-07-30 at 4.17.52 PM.png

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Search Seller Feedback

So that a buyer can check if something for sale is all it's cracked up to be.

It's certainly a change that's more useful than hiding Feedback Left For Others on ebay.co.uk like they did briefly. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Search Seller Feedback

Also, it seems to autofill the search bar with the Item Number of the most recent thing you have viewed of that seller. Which is very handy. Although the default is set to previous month as opposed to the whole year. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Search Seller Feedback

@mjwl2006 wrote:

It's certainly a change that's more useful than hiding Feedback Left For Others on ebay.co.uk like they did briefly. 

That was worst!  What I fear is if eBay went to all the trouble of testing this in the beginning that its because they are planning to put it in but just sorting out how to do it.  NOBODY likes FB Left For Others hidden.  Even sellers FBLFO can show if a seller violates eBay policy by leaving rude FB for buyers.  It isn't very common but a good indication to go buy from someone else.  There's no point to it anyway.  If a bad buyer has such horrible FBLFO it needs to be hidden that is exactly why it needs to be seen.  But the truth is those people usually don't get what's wrong with it or they wouldn't do it.  

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Search Seller Feedback

@i.am.vivian wrote:

@mjwl2006 wrote:

That was worst!  What I fear is if eBay went to all the trouble of testing this in the beginning that its because they are planning to put it in but just sorting out how to do it.  NOBODY likes FB Left For Others hidden.  Even sellers FBLFO can show if a seller violates eBay policy by leaving rude FB for buyers.  It isn't very common but a good indication to go buy from someone else.  There's no point to it anyway.  If a bad buyer has such horrible FBLFO it needs to be hidden that is exactly why it needs to be seen.  But the truth is those people usually don't get what's wrong with it or they wouldn't do it.  

That is totally true. I have crossed sellers from my list for that reason. To make such a public statement about oneself being rude and violating positive-only-buyer-feedback serves that person right, and they have no one to blame but themselves.

Feedback Left For Others is the most HONEST part of ebay feedback that exists. You can tell exactly what a person is like to deal with by reading it. It is another member's only protection. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply