Transfering my Ebay store from ebay.ca to ebay.com

c200sc
Community Member

Hello,

Because of the forthcoming changes to listing currency i would like to transfer my Ebay Store from ebay.ca to ebay.com so could anybobody from ebay's stuff (or anybody else) guide me step-by-step about this?

Thank you in advance.

George S.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

hlmacdon
Community Member

There will be a migration tool that will be fully live in may to manage this. May seems to be the launch time for when it is actually useful. It remains unclear how various settings will carry over so YMMV if you want to wait till then. In the meantime things to consider:

• store subscription carries over, we still need answers on selling manager pro and how that will be handled.
  • opting out of global shipping program (site preferences --> shipping preferences)
  • I don't believe managed returns is an opt out thing any more as it's now a returns rule thing. Could use input here from other sellers. (site preferences --> return preferences)
  • opting out of sharing your photos with ebay product catalogs as you are opted in by default (site preferences --> share your photos)
  • activate unpaid item assistant (site preferences --> unpaid item assistant). You will need to reconfigure the settings for this.
  • disable product reviews  (site preferences --> sell your item form and listings)
  • sales taxes: my understanding is this should carry over from what you have setup on the Canada side, but do test.

Could use input from other Canadian sellers listing on .com of what to watch out for with initial setup. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

" i would like to transfer my Ebay Store from ebay.ca to ebay.com "

There is no need to move your eBay store.

A eBay.ca store will work just fine with listings on eBay.com and all other eBay international sites.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@hlmacdon wrote:

There will be a migration tool that will be fully live in may to manage this. May seems to be the launch time for when it is actually useful. It remains unclear how various settings will carry over so YMMV if you want to wait till then. In the meantime things to consider:

• store subscription carries over, we still need answers on selling manager pro and how that will be handled.
  • opting out of global shipping program (site preferences --> shipping preferences)
  • I don't believe managed returns is an opt out thing any more as it's now a returns rule thing. Could use input here from other sellers. (site preferences --> return preferences)
  • opting out of sharing your photos with ebay product catalogs as you are opted in by default (site preferences --> share your photos)
  • activate unpaid item assistant (site preferences --> unpaid item assistant). You will need to reconfigure the settings for this.
  • disable product reviews  (site preferences --> sell your item form and listings)
  • sales taxes: my understanding is this should carry over from what you have setup on the Canada side, but do test.

Could use input from other Canadian sellers listing on .com of what to watch out for with initial setup. 

They will not opt someone with a Canadian address into global shipping so it isn't necessary to opt out.

It's been years since I first started listing on .com but the preferences should carry over. It shouldn't be necessary to set preferences on .com if they are already set up on .ca

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Hi pierrelebel

Firstly i would like to thank you (and everybody else) for replying

Now, i know that listings that made through ebay.ca are visible on ebay.com.

My concern is how can i transfer store subscription from ebay.ca to ebay.com. I mean i tried to list an item through ebay.com and the listings fees are exactly the same with someone without any store subscription.

himacdon says "store subscription carries over, we still need answers on selling manager pro and how that will be handled".

(I dont know how important is) Im registered as a member on ebay.com but i never had an Ebay Store on .com.

I created my Store on .ca and now due to upcoming changes i would like to transfer my Store to .com.

Ebay.ca says that they are building a tool especially for moving listings to .com in bulk. So should i wait until then?

Thank you ALL for your time!

George S.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

"how can i transfer store subscription from ebay.ca to ebay.com."

You do not.  Period.

Your store remains on eBay.ca where you pay the Cdn$ monthly rate.  That store will still show ALL your listings from ALL eBay sites in whatever currency they are listed. 

Your store (or any eBay store for that matter) can have - at the same time - listings in all currencies and listed on all sites.

One store = one monthly payment (in addition to all other fees) in Cdn$

Good Luck

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Will be interesting to see how many sellers will go south. How will Ebay.ca react if the numbers are humongus. Would Ebay then place new restriction on Canadian sellers listing on .com? I would imagine .ca is watching the numbers closely. Will be interesting.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@jersey..authentix wrote:

Will be interesting to see how many sellers will go south. How will Ebay.ca react if the numbers are humongous. Would eBay then place new restriction on Canadian sellers listing on .com? I would imagine .ca is watching the numbers closely. Will be interesting.

In one of the posts from Rodney or Raphael, they said that they still get credit for any listings by an eBay.ca registered seller no matter which site they list on. At least that is what I understood.

The number of listing on eBay.ca will drop, perhaps significantly. The numbers on ebay.com from ebay.ca sellers listing there will be insignificant overall because it is such a huge site in terms of listings.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply