Seller Relisting Item

phillipmat
Community Member

I know the seller has a certain amount of rights, especially if they decide to end their auction premature. I just don't know all the details. I was bidding on an item that still had a few days left. I was the current high bidder and the auction was cancelled without a warning. That next day the same identical item from the user was relisted with a more expensive shipping price. I assume they can do this at any time, as long as it's more than 12hrs from auction's end? Thanks

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Seller Relisting Item

There are a lot of sellers who do this.

Just keep track of his/her ID and don't bid on their items.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Seller Relisting Item

What was the old listing number? Maybe there was a genuine mistake on the shipping part...

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Seller Relisting Item

Don't be shy.  Contact the seller and ask if this is the same item.  If you get a gobblygook answer or no answer stay away.  Let them know you if you are not pleased. 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Seller Relisting Item

The explanation is right in your question. The seller may have been happy with the auction, but noticed that shipping would remove any profit from his sale.

So he cancelled all bids, ended the auction, and corrected the shipping price on relist.

Straightforward and no harm done.

You didn't get the deal you hoped for, but the seller didn't lose money on your deal.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Seller Relisting Item

"There are a lot of sellers who do this."

There used to be when the price was not what the seller hoped for. But now that eBay charge Final Value Fees for these items - even if, technically, they didn't sell (you get just one "free pass") - I hope that the number has decreased.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Seller Relisting Item

We should rename Ebay to Escam !!!

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Seller Relisting Item

clubheart
Community Member

that happened to me to.. I won a bid.. .. not even few second the seller relisted  item

so I don't buy.. nor will I buy anything from that seller... but can say this.. I am sure keeping track of what the seller doing to the  item that I won.. he relist it.. and now lots of people are biding on the item I won the bid on.. all I got back was this   at least seller admitted..  seller said  I don't care if you buy it or not.. I have many more of those items.. yeah rite that's why the seller is relisted back in to the bidiing section.. I kind of figure its a scam in my mind about that seller... now seller said.. that if I don't buy seller will report me for not buying the items that he or she relisted back in bid.. mmmm I suspicious of this seller... soo I agree with you 

toby_le_pue...   keep track, and item seller relist.. and  both item number  and report to ebay..    and keep sending it to ebay of a pic and info of the item you won.. and pic and item he or she relist it..  both have item number... keep all info messages... gl  

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Seller Relisting Item

clubheart
Community Member

just send proof to ebay  pic and item number you won on the bid..

and  a pic from relist   and the item number..  just say is this a seller that scams

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Seller Relisting Item

@clubheart

The seller has plenty of feedback over years of selling electronics. Most of the feedback is good with the exception of a recent Russian buyer (Russia is a problematic country to ship to a with high fraud rate and their postal system is currently not operating), and a couple that seem borderline malicious or at least somewhat unreasonable. Even with those couple of dings, their feedback in general is fairly good.

Sellers re-list items all the time using the same listing once an auction has ended. It generates a brand new item number. This is a hot selling item and this seller obviously sells lots of this same product. There is no valid reason for you to think this seller was going to scam you. They could see there was a high number of interested buyers in the item you won, so they quickly re-listed another one to catch them while they were still around in hopes it would get some bids.

It would be not in the sellers best interest to take your money and rip you off.  The seller has done nothing wrong or out of the ordinary.

Instead of worrying about the sellers other listings, how about focusing on your responsibilities as a buyer. Pay for your item!

If you don't, you will end up with an unpaid item strike against you. Do this a few more times and you won't be allowed to play on ebay any more.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply