Seller added shipping fees. Clear violation of eBay rules. Seller filed UnPaid Items and closed case

seller added $77 shipping charge after the auction ended. His listing clearly says FREE SHIPPING TO CANADA. He won't respond to 6+ emails and proceeded to open an Unpaid Items Case against me. I contacted eBay twice, but they claim not being able to help, despite the blatant and clear violation of eBay listing practices according to eBay Resolution Centre. 

seller now does not have to pay the listing fees, and are not forced to proceed with the sale. Is there really NOTHING I can do to force the sale ?  Where do I report this scammer to eBay ? Please help.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Seller added shipping fees. Clear violation of eBay rules. Seller filed UnPaid Items and closed case

Are you sure these were not import fees and taxes from . . the Glogal shipping Program..
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

moxymish
Community Member

@EBay's global shipping program appears to be a scam made for anyone not from good ol' usa. I wanted to purchase something costing $5 with shipping @ $8 but the global shipping was going to charge me over $9 for customs when there should be no charge for duty.

@peter_dee wrote:

seller added $77 shipping charge after the auction ended. His listing clearly says FREE SHIPPING TO CANADA. He won't respond to 6+ emails and proceeded to open an Unpaid Items Case against me. I contacted eBay twice, but they claim not being able to help, despite the blatant and clear violation of eBay listing practices according to eBay Resolution Centre. 

seller now does not have to pay the listing fees, and are not forced to proceed with the sale. Is there really NOTHING I can do to force the sale ?  Where do I report this scammer to eBay ? Please help.

eBay should review their policy regarding shipping and give buyers a choice. I will not be buying from them again.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply