Archive 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

eBay Restricting use of outdated Internet Security Protocol

Hi eBay Members, eBay has decided to restrict the use of outdated Internet Security Protocol, SSL 3.0, because we have determined that it does not meet our standards. As such, some Turbo Lister users could see some connectivity issues. For more infor...

Holiday Returns available in Turbo Lister

Hi Turbo Lister Users, The option to apply Holiday Returns in Turbo Lister is now available in the Beta version of the program. When deciding whether or not to be a Beta user, please keep in mind that the beta versions aren't free of bugs, nor are th...

HolidayReturns.jpg

Recent Issues w/Turbo Lister Sign In

Hi Turbo Lister Users, A recent Windows update has caused some programs, including Turbo Lister, to crash. To sign-in to Turbo Lister before the improved Windows update is released, please follow these steps: Open Internet Explorer Open the Tools men...

Best way to do bookkeeping for Ebay / Paypal business

My accountant is constantly on my case about the massive transactional content in doing my books. Yearly about 5000 transactions take place in Paypal which are downloaded and then manipulated into his custom spreadsheets - taking many many hours of w...

Back to square one

This is my situation. I got 4 low DSR already on shipping, so I want to protect it by absorb partial shipping cost in my asking price. By doing so my items seem more expensive than my competitor eventhough for total price (price+shipping) mine is sti...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

tax 2011

Stopping by to see if anyone has problem figuring out their numbers. If you are using a bookkeeping package and record every sale, all power to you, I use giant spreadsheet where I download all PayPal transactions and do little spreadsheet trickery t...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

return policy

with ebay forcing the issue on a return policy, if I sell a knitting book for a large dollar value, what's to stop the buyer from photocopying the whole book and returning it to me with delivery confirmation. I figured out if a book sold for $500 (an...

Vintage Patterns - Knitting - Crocheting - Sewing - What to Buy OR Sell

Okay - I see eBay/Liveworld has been cutting the valuable threads here - ones that have helped us as buyers and sellers. That information is long gone but hopefully we can re-create some of those threads for the benefit of everyone interested. I'm no...

• 218 replies
  • 2 helpful

Non paying bidder leaving feedback???

Seriously!!! I'm getting neutral feedback from nonpaying bidders & I suppose low DSRs as well? Kinda tired of being in a boxing ring with my hands tied behind my back.........just gotta vent ....GeeeZZz!!

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

My First Negs - Having a Pity Party

Hi Gang, well I knew it would happen eventually. Received two Negs today from a buyer in Spain. He contacted me last night and in Spanish asked where his items were, I didn't reply last night and today I have 2 negs. Sent April 9th, small package air...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Performance Dashboard Error?

I recently was busy and neglected my Ebay account. I received 3 negative feedbacks in one shot that took away my top-rated performance Currently, on the performance dashboard, I see that I am below standard on the Global level, although my last evalu...

Ended items

Can anybody tell me how long an item will stay in the "unsold" file when I end an item from GTC, or when an auction is ended without a sale?

Vendio

Been with them a couple of years and just received an offer: "Gain access to millions of potential customers on Amazon, eBay and Facebook."--for $65 month. Seems they have a multichannel system to sell on all 3 venues. Anyone using this service? Any ...

I've got a 3yr Member with zero feedback bidding on $200 item.Thoughts?

I just had a member bid on one of my auctions (370613268629). He has been a member since Feb '09 and has no transactions to his credit. It is an item that should sell for $4-$600 and this bidder has entered 2 bids at the $200 start. The item has seve...

CanadaPost vs others

we did not have a thread on how CanadaPost sucks on this board in some time shipment 25lbs from Niagara Falls to Montreal, insurance for $599 CanadaPost Regular Parcel base $17.04 total $32.24, 4 business days CanadaPost Xpresspost base $19.54 total ...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Quebec City

Hi all. I'm heading to Quebec City this weekend with my wife to see our daughter compete for Newfoundland in the "Eastern Canadian Gymnastics Championship". I've never been to Quebec City and am looking for a little advice on nice places to eat and c...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Spam Phone Calls From eBay

What's all this about? Cheerful young lady asked for me by name, said she was from eBay, then asked me if I had a few moments to hear about the Spring Seller update. I (nicely) told her, I had already read it. Then she asked for permission to send me...

• 20 replies
  • 0 helpful

Purchasers using phones, tablets seem to be changing the buyer style!

Wow, in the old days we had problems with people not reading the descriptions very well, these days it seems they don't read them at all!! I am very regularly getting people asking me questions that are very clearly answered in the descriptions! I to...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Help Selling!!!!!

How can I bring more people to see the ebay items I have ????

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Stealing Designs

It's unethical but is it against eBay rules? I have a competitor who has stolen several of my earring designs. I know it's not a coincidence because she unabashedly took the design names, exactly as I had used them. How does eBay stand on this sort o...

• 19 replies
  • 0 helpful

Penny RIP

As most of us have heard, the lowly penny is about to be no more. Besides being having relatively no real purchasing power, apparently it has been costing the Government approx 1.5 cents to mint each penny. When they finally discovered they were not ...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Problem report on eBay or PayPal, Shipping charges are not loaded.

Hello, Problem report. There seems to be a problem on eBay or PayPal. Shipping charges are not loaded. Since 10:30 AM this morning, I noticed that all my buyers that selected the shipping: (Canada Post Light Packet - USA) succeeds to pay the invoice ...

• 42 replies
  • 0 helpful

Sending Bulk Emails no longer possible?

Hi there. I am hoping someone can answer this for me because I do not afford the fruitless time I would waste speaking to an eBay representative. I have started selling again after an absense of almost a year. I can't figure out how to send bulk emai...

Complaint about shipping refund?

I had an older listing that gave a $13 charge for shipping a book within Canada by Regular Parcel. A new customer bought it and paid immediately. Good. When I was packing it, I realized I could send it Letter rate, so I refunded him $10 and sent a no...

Anyone else using SYI having trouble uploading pictures?

Yesterday when I went to upload photos to a new listing, using Standard, I got this message: You need the latest version of Adobe Flash Player to use the Standard picture uploader. with a link to upload AFP, which I did. Even after that, and restarti...

Unfortunately, access to this particular item has been blocked due to legal

Hi, I've used Ebay couple of times before, but never as a seller. This is my first try and sincerely, it's not a positive experience. I've try to reach Ebay 3 times this week but still got no answer... I've list an item 3 days ago, nothing special, v...

dead

this board is dead R.I.P.

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

BIDDERS

This is about bidders who bid up your stuff high and then don't pay. Mostly the ones who just started out. I am really tired of opening disputes on these buyers. Messages upon messages and no reply. How can anyone avoid this. 31 disputes last year. S...

Can you make UPS shipping labels vis paypal?

I tried this before and found out that we can't print UPS shipping labels from our paypal account, If your from the USA yes but not Canada. But now i noticed a few advertisements of UPS labels on .ca. Anybody try lately?

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Automatic Auction Relisting - Problem !

Instead of retyping the problem, let me refer you to this thread on the eBay.ca Seller Central: http://community.ebay.ca/topic/Seller-Central/Automatic-Auction-Relisting/4000004229

CRA Audit complete

This week I received in the mail my official notice from Canada Revenue Agency that my audit resulted in no changes to my profit or loss for years 2008 and 2009. While no audit is "pleasant" I was pleased that the auditor assigned was not an entry le...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful
Unanswered Questions
No posts to display.