Seller ended auction early & cancelled my bid but next day reposted item with high reserve.Can they?

kmy666
Community Member

Placed a bid on an item that in the description stated "no reserve". Clearly they didn't like my bid as they ended the auction early cancelling my offer. The next day they reposted the item with a very high reserve price. Can they do that? Seems REALLY unfair.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Seller ended auction early & cancelled my bid but next day reposted item with high reserve.Can they?

Yes.

Of course, they also annoyed the bidders they cancelled, without knowing what those bidders' maximum bids were. Which means if the maximum bid, which showed as , say, $100, was actually $1000, and they anger that bidder by cancelling, he is unlikely to rebib=d on the new listing even with a Reserve of $500, half what he was willing to pay.

Rookie move, really.

Further, by cancelling an auction that had acitve bids, he had to pay selling fees on the high bid, without getting any money.

Feel better now?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Yes.

Of course, they also annoyed the bidders they cancelled, without knowing what those bidders' maximum bids were. Which means if the maximum bid, which showed as , say, $100, was actually $1000, and they anger that bidder by cancelling, he is unlikely to rebib=d on the new listing even with a Reserve of $500, half what he was willing to pay.

Rookie move, really.

Further, by cancelling an auction that had acitve bids, he had to pay selling fees on the high bid, without getting any money.

Feel better now?

Message 2 of 2
latest reply