Seller failed to ship within time limit in listing

I purchased an item on the 15th of Sept, seller list as ships within 5 days so seller marked my item as shipped on Sept 19th. I contacted seller both on the 22nd and 24th asking for tracking number. Seller replied on Sept 24th giving me the tracking #. I went to Canada Post to find that seller did not ship my item until Sept 24th, the same day they replied to my request for tracking info. This proves that seller did not meet his agreement to ship within the 5 days as in the listing. I received my item today Oct 2nd and the shipping label confirms that the item was shipped on the 24th of September violating E-Bays Standards. Seller didn't ship until 9 days after payment received. What can I do about this? I was late receiving my item because of this.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

That subject was covered previously.

Considering you paid late in the day and there is a weekend in here, the seller actually shipped in 6 business days instead of 5 as stated in the listing.

How should eBay punish the seller for such major violation?  Would capital punishment be acceptable to you?  Hanging or electric chair?  Or may be only a five year sentence?

With all due respect, what do you really expect?  Everyone to be always PERFECT in every aspect of every transaction?

The guy was one business day late shipping.  Move on.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

One business day late...

Please give us a break !!!...

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Last Christmas I got dinged with low DSRs on shipping by three buyers because they figured their stamps didn't arrive quickly enough over the holidays. Working in the freight industry, I can tell you that nothing moves very quickly when Christmas falls in the middle of the week. I think I may change my handling time this December.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

For a long time I didn't sell at all after about November 18th (cut off for Canada Post delivery to the USA before Christmas). I loosened up a bit for a while.

But with the Holiday Returns program, back to not listing.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply