Seller has Payments: transfer, but no way to pay him by email or other. +His phone number is wrong.

guldwc
Community Member

I can't make the payment under those circumstances.

The other option is Cash on Collection and I didn't want to contract that.

How can I cancel the shipping before we get billed without means to transfer money.

He doesn't have Paypal or the usual accepted methods.

If he fails to reply in 13 days, will it default?

I tried to reach eBay to report this but the eBay system failed, stating they had problems.

I have to keep screenshots of the events to try to keep track of the mess because it seems hard to extract data.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Seller has Payments: transfer, but no way to pay him by email or other. +His phone number is wrong.

Are you the buyer or the seller.

That he does not have Paypal is his problem not yours.

As long as you have PP, it is up to him to figure out how to pay you or be paid.

He can sign up and have a PP account in place within 48 hours.

If he has incorrect contact information on file, he has broken his eBay contract. Report him.

Actually with those two questionable situations, I would not consider continuing with the sale.

I am assuming that you are the seller, since all sellers must have Paypal (or a very few alternative but similar services) in place in order to be allowed to sell.

If you are the buyer, and you are willing to take a chance on this sketchey situation, you can offer to pay by Postal Money Order. You buy it at the Post Office, he cashes it at the Post Office. There are International Postal Money Orders available in most internationally traded currencies.

You as a buyer will have NO Buyer Protection if you do not use an accepted electronically visible payment service.

If you are the seller, well, some sales are just not going to happen. After 4 days (96 hours) if the bidder has not paid you, start an Unpaid Item Dispute and get out of the transaction.

Some sales are not worth having.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Are you the buyer or the seller.

That he does not have Paypal is his problem not yours.

As long as you have PP, it is up to him to figure out how to pay you or be paid.

He can sign up and have a PP account in place within 48 hours.

If he has incorrect contact information on file, he has broken his eBay contract. Report him.

Actually with those two questionable situations, I would not consider continuing with the sale.

I am assuming that you are the seller, since all sellers must have Paypal (or a very few alternative but similar services) in place in order to be allowed to sell.

If you are the buyer, and you are willing to take a chance on this sketchey situation, you can offer to pay by Postal Money Order. You buy it at the Post Office, he cashes it at the Post Office. There are International Postal Money Orders available in most internationally traded currencies.

You as a buyer will have NO Buyer Protection if you do not use an accepted electronically visible payment service.

If you are the seller, well, some sales are just not going to happen. After 4 days (96 hours) if the bidder has not paid you, start an Unpaid Item Dispute and get out of the transaction.

Some sales are not worth having.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I am the buyer. When I paid $25.00 for shipping & 8.00 duty for an item and they mail an ornament in an envelope so it arrives broken in 10 pieces after paying $25.00 for the ornament. I am pretty cheesed off.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply