Seller is charging shipping twice...is this correct?

I recently purchased an item from a seller in the US who is participating in the GSP.  I noticed today in my PayPal account that the item had 2 shipping charges...one from the seller and one for the GSP.  Is he allowed to do this???

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Do you mean that the seller advertised a shipping and handling price and then when you purchased you saw the GSP charges added on?

Or do you mean that the seller's advertised shipping already included GSP (or more precisely, claimed to do so) and the PitneyBowes added their service charge plus Canadian Tax and duty separately on the invoice in addition to the already added amount?

The former is more likely. Remember that until you win, GSP cannot be calculated since it depends on the winning bid and the destination.

The GSP is pretty hard to spot on listings. And it is new.

Use Contact Seller to explain that GSP adds too much to the charges for your budget. Be very polite. Ask if the seller could ship directly through USPS and Canada Post, as this would be faster and less expensive for you.

The seller does have the right to refuse. You are deemed to have understood everything about the listing before bidding.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

What I mean is that there were 2 charges on my PayPal for shipping...the seller had one which I saw, but I assumed that since he was using the GSP that the GSP overrode the sellers shipping costs (effectively creating only 1 shipping amount).
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

The 2 shipping charges should still equal the total shipping charges stated in the listing.

A GSP seller has to send the item to Kentucky so the amount that he charges for domestic shipping would go to the seller..along with the price of the item. The rest of the shipping charge would be shipping from Kentucky to Canada and Pitney Bowes receives that amount as well as the import charges.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply