Seller is very unhelpful and I am considering leaving bad feedback

I purchased a bunch of items from a very unhelpful seller lately and, once I have had a chance to check out the items since I have not yet receive them, I am considering leaving bad feedback for my shopping experience.

I haven't really left much bad feedback before since most my purchases have gone smoothly. In the odd event there is a problem, sellers are usually really nice and willing to sort things out to find a middle ground. 

I tend to ignore little things that can be easily fixed and leave positive feedback but this seller is just terrible!

They wouldn't tell me who they were shipping with because they say they won't know until all items are paid and packaged. I find that frustrating because so many couriers rip Canadians off with their brokerage fee but the seller wouldn't commint to using uSPS. I figured, since the prices were ok, I bought some things anyway and I will deal with fees later.

So they went and set things up with fedex, even though that was the one company I objected to. 

Fine... I leave it at that and start tracking the package. Today I saw the package is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. I decided to call and ask if they already knew how much the taxes and duties would cost and, during answering security questions, found out the seller provided Fedex with the wrong address. Right street, wrong house number. I asked Fedex if they could fix it and they told me only the seller can do that. 

I send the seller a message, letting them know the address is incorrect. They reply saying thy can't update the address because they need to use whatever was on the payment info. Problem is, the address I gave them is correct but the address fedex has is off by 1 digit. If it was the postal code, fine, but it is the house number.

I message again to let them know that, although they have the right address, Fedex doesn't and ask them to contact Fedex asap so my package doesn't end in a limbo seeing that the address they are shipping to doesn't exist.

They insist they made no mistake and refuse to call Fedex. I call Fedex again and explain my dilemma. The Fedex rep said she will make a note of the right address but only after attempting delivery they can "consider" making changes to the address they received electronically.  The change really should come from the shipper's end. 

I explain that to the seller, who basically says they don't see why I am frustrated, seeing that they made no mistake whatsoever.  They send me an address label that shows the right address as proof that all is well. Except it isn't. 

I call fedex a 3rd time. I ask them if I can fax the shipping address label over so they can fix the error.  They assure me they won't ship my package back to the seller but, upon a failed delivery attempt, will rectify the address as provided by me and charge the seller a $11 surcharge for having to make the correction. 

I contact the seller to let them know I fixed it myself and receive a passive aggressive email stating that there was nothing to fix and that they ship lots and lots to many places all the time and they make no mistakes. That is why they never bothered to call Fedex. The tone of the email basically hints at me being nuts to even imagine that they could facilitate this by making a phone call - they they are perfect and I should be worshiping their venerable customer service representatives, with their cold, well rehearsed answers to my questions  - even though they didn't really answer my questions or resolve anything.

In your opinions, as buyers and sellers, is terrible customer service enough to warrant leaving 36 negative or neutral feedback or I should leave positive feedbacks with 1 star ratings for communication (if the items are as described and I actually receive them)?

Thank you

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I'd start with going to your neighbour's house, explaining the problem and asking the neighbour to send the delivery person to the correct house.

FedEx is notorious for making deliveries but charging tax and duty later. If this were UPS or CanPar, the neighbour wouldn't be given anything until he gave them money, so there wouldn't be a problem.

found out the seller provided Fedex with the wrong address. Right street, wrong house number. I asked Fedex if they could fix it and they told me only the seller can do that.

It's also possible that FE does have the correct address but the person on the phone was wrong. And unwilling to admit it.

Problem is, the address I gave them is correct but the address fedex has is off by 1 digit.

Check your Paypal account. That is the address that the seller is required to ship to. You may have entered it wrong. Your postie may have been correcting it automatically.

And actually, it is quite likely that FedEx would have corrected the problem themselves without you getting yourself all into a fantod about it. Delivery guys don't like hauling stuff back to the terminal and dealing with more paperwork.

Both feedback and Detailed Seller Ratings are an expression of the buyer's experience.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I'd start with going to your neighbour's house, explaining the problem and asking the neighbour to send the delivery person to the correct house.

FedEx is notorious for making deliveries but charging tax and duty later. If this were UPS or CanPar, the neighbour wouldn't be given anything until he gave them money, so there wouldn't be a problem.

found out the seller provided Fedex with the wrong address. Right street, wrong house number. I asked Fedex if they could fix it and they told me only the seller can do that.

It's also possible that FE does have the correct address but the person on the phone was wrong. And unwilling to admit it.

Problem is, the address I gave them is correct but the address fedex has is off by 1 digit.

Check your Paypal account. That is the address that the seller is required to ship to. You may have entered it wrong. Your postie may have been correcting it automatically.

And actually, it is quite likely that FedEx would have corrected the problem themselves without you getting yourself all into a fantod about it. Delivery guys don't like hauling stuff back to the terminal and dealing with more paperwork.

Both feedback and Detailed Seller Ratings are an expression of the buyer's experience.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

The address Fedex had doesn't exist. I called Fedex earlier today and they said they have made the address correction and will be delivering it to my house.
My address with paypal is correct - I guess I will find out what Fedex had been given by the seller when I see the original shipping label on the package.
I must say Fedex was super helpful and polite, given the limitations imposed by their rules.
The seller was very condescending and not even willing to look into the issue (a simple phone call is all I asked for). Even if they made no mistake, I found their lack of care extremely disappointing. If this is how they treat me when I ask them to call Fedex and make sure I get the items, imagine how it would be if I had an issue with a product and had to make a return. I would never shop from them again and I would definitely not recommend the to anyone I know.
I will see what the products look like and, if they are as described, I might leave a neutral or maybe positive feedback with low rating for communication. Looking at the seller's recent feedback, there are a number of complaints of item not as described but I do hope that isn't the case for me.
THank you for your suggestions. I really appreciate it.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply