Seller keeps canceling sale on a no reserve auction and then relisting it

I have bid on the same item from the same buyer several times. It is a no reserve auction on a necklace, I have had the highest bid (which was still very low) and just before the auction ends, the seller cancels it due to "a listing error" and then re-lists it. This is just not fair. And eBay does work hard, but I can't find a way to deal with this. I'm sure it will be relisted again soon.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

All you can really do is report the seller. Across from the shipping tab there is a report item link. 

You can report them for:

Listing practices

Avoiding ebay fees

Avoiding reserve fees

There is no guarantee that anything will happen to the seller and ebay will not tell you how they will deal with your complaint but if I were you, I would still report it as it is very frustrating when a seller does that.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

after the first time, why would you want to continue to deal with that seller?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

All you can really do is report the seller. Across from the shipping tab there is a report item link. 

You can report them for:

Listing practices

Avoiding ebay fees

Avoiding reserve fees

There is no guarantee that anything will happen to the seller and ebay will not tell you how they will deal with your complaint but if I were you, I would still report it as it is very frustrating when a seller does that.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

It's a nice item and I wanted to buy it. The 1st time I believed they had made a listing error...the last time, I knew what they were up to and posted here
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

It may be a nice item, but you are dealing with a really dumb seller.

Not only is he annoying potential buyers by constantly cancelling his auctions, but he may even be losing a full price buyer.

He only sees your high bid, not your maximum. So you may be willing to pay $100 but make a reminder bid of $10 and come back later. He just lost your late $100 bid.

He is losing 'snipers' who may already have placed bids with electronic sniping services that would be executed in the last few moments of the auction.

And every time he cancels an auction, he pays not only his listing fees,which may be zero as part of a promotion, but also the Reserve fee. Over and over.

No matter how nice, do you really want to deal with him? You can't fix stupid.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply