Seller mislead about combined shipping. What can I do?

I messaged seller before bidding on items to see if they combine shipping or not.  Seller replied yes we combine shipping.  I bid and won 3 items from seller and requested updated total with combined shipping.  Now they say they don't combine shipping because the ebay checkout won't let them.  I feel cheated by this dishonest seller, how should I handle this?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Hi .. Check your messages here.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

He may be confused.

If he is posting on several different eBay's (we are on eBaydotCA, many sellers here also list on eBaydotCOM or eBaydotcodotUK, he cannot combine those sales. One site, one invoice, no combining.

What he can do is send multiple invoices, but only put the shipping cost on one.

For example, you buy three books from the same seller.

One on dotCA at $10CDN+ $5 CDN shipping

One on dotCOM at $10USD+$5USD shipping

One on dotcoUK at L 10 sterling.+L2.50 shipping.

The problem there is apparent.

However, the seller could put all the shipping on just one invoice and discount it -- for example charging only $7.50 USD on the US denominated invoice and saving by shipping the three books in the same box. The other two invoices would show Free Shipping, which would give him a boost in his DSRs, which are very important to sellers.

You could send this explanation to him if you like.

Oh the other common problem is easily solved. Tell him NOT to hit "Recalculate". It doesn't do what he thinks it will.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply