Seller refuses to sell item

I recently won an item through auction on here, and initially noticed I had problems paying. I contacted PayPal support first (as the error screen had noted that as what to do), to which I received a quick response saying that the issue was not with me or my account and that I should contact the seller.

I had, however, sent a message to the seller shortly before receiving a reply from PayPal, but the seller did not reply to my message until almost 12 hours later. The seller responded to me saying that they had not yet sent the invoice for the item and are refusing to do so unless I give them more money. (I had won the auction for 8$, the seller wants 10$+.)

Unfortunately, I can't open a case in the Resolution Center yet as they don't allow cases to be opened until 10 days after purchase. Likewise, there is no contact info whatsoever on the Customer Support pages, so I can't send an e-mail, call, etc. On top of that, the only report page I can reach is one that only asks for the item number, which isn't really useful.

It's worth noting that this particular seller has done this with another buyer before, so this isn't a first for this seller.

Long story short: I've got an item I'm supposed to pay for, the seller refuses to send the invoice unless I agree to give them more money and there's no forms whatsoever on site that allow me to report this user for what they're doing. Anyone know what I could try to get help?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If the seller doesn't send you an invoice, he can't open an Unpaid Item Dispute.

And he can't change the price you won the item at.

So you are covered.

In addition, he is required to ship within 7 days of payment, or he loses his Seller Protection.

It is unlikely that he will ship (over $2? the guy is kind of an idiot,eh?) so ask him for a Mutual Cancellation.

This can be opened immediately, and if you agree, it will close immediately. If you refuse, he cannot open a UID, and he does not get his selling fees back. In addition, you can leave appropriate feedback and Detailed Seller Ratings. (The lowest Rating is ONE Star. If a seller's DSR's fall below 4.3, his ability to list and sell are greatly restricted. )

So.

He may cave. Pay and leave appropriate FB and DSRs.

He may be stubborn. Leave appropriate FB and DSRs.

This twit is cutting off his nose to spite his face.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

If the seller doesn't send you an invoice, he can't open an Unpaid Item Dispute.

And he can't change the price you won the item at.

So you are covered.

In addition, he is required to ship within 7 days of payment, or he loses his Seller Protection.

It is unlikely that he will ship (over $2? the guy is kind of an idiot,eh?) so ask him for a Mutual Cancellation.

This can be opened immediately, and if you agree, it will close immediately. If you refuse, he cannot open a UID, and he does not get his selling fees back. In addition, you can leave appropriate feedback and Detailed Seller Ratings. (The lowest Rating is ONE Star. If a seller's DSR's fall below 4.3, his ability to list and sell are greatly restricted. )

So.

He may cave. Pay and leave appropriate FB and DSRs.

He may be stubborn. Leave appropriate FB and DSRs.

This twit is cutting off his nose to spite his face.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply