Seller retaliatory reply on negative feedback.

My dear ebayers,

I am new here on ebay. I would like help with my problem. I recently bought a set of china from a seller named catandmjo623.

• I paid the seller right away, within 5-10 minutes of winning the bid.
  • The seller promised me a tracking number for the shipment. They never followed up and never gave me one. But the items got to me so I was just glad about that.
  • Upon receipt of the items, found out that they were grossly misrepresented. 80% of the items have light to heavy crazing, while some have pock marks with fine hairline cracks blending into the crazing, a hairline crack on one of the cups and even chips on the underside of plates that have signs of attempted repair. The description on the original ad stated that only 2 plates have faint crazing and the rest were in very good condition. I sent a message to the seller stating that I was very disappointed about this and would like to give them a chance to explain their side and fix this predicament.   
  • The seller implied a recent severe medical condition as a reason for not seeing nor feeling the problems with items sold. I told the seller that I was still willing to work it out with her. Seller does not accept returns. I also asked her to seek immediate medical help because the medical condition she described having is considered high risk and usually requires a week of medical observation. (I am a medical professional)
  • The seller offered a partial refund. I wasn't able to see this until 2 days later because it was my only off days for the month and had errands to run. The seller sent a very rude all caps email on the second day stating that I am stressing her out so she is offering a lesser amount. She also accused me of wrongdoing, she was treated unjustly and ebay usually **bleep**s up sellers. We replied right away to the  rude e-mail and apologized stating that we didn't mean anything by it, and hoped that she reconsider the original partial refund offer.
  • The seller replied in a very rude all caps e-mail again stating that something is up and we were treating her unjustly. She also said that for being a new person on ebay that I know too much and know full well that I was disadvantaging her? She once again stated that something is up and I was treating her harshly because I didn't reply right away. She accused me of taking advantage of ebay policies?? Then she stated that she doesn't need immediate medical attention as her condition happened in January. 
  • My reply was as civil as I could muster. At this point I was slightly frustrated because of everything she accused me of but still e-mailed as nicely as I could. I told her we didn't mean anything by the 2 days of not replying and said we already apologized.  I told her that I was still willing to work it out with her but to please lessen the hostility. 
  • I never got a reply back but after 2 days I got a partial refund offer for the amount she originally stated. I accepted it.

Because I am new on ebay I called customer service and asked how to properly leave feedback. The customer service person assured me that what I was going to leave was okay, and that the seller really was rude. She said she had read the back and forth messages between me and the seller. I voiced my concern about what if they leave me something rude back and the customer service person assured me that if the seller does they can remove it, so go on ahead and be honest about feedback. She also mentioned that maybe I should not have accepted the partial refund and escalated the problem to ebay buyer protection.

I really feel that I was honest in giving the negative feedback. The reply the seller left on my feedback was horrible. I called customer service again and they told me that I would have to get a court order to remove the sellers reply or ask to remove my negative feedback altogether so the seller's reply would be removed too. 

I would like to ask for any advice or comment how to fix this. Was 2 days really that horrible to respond? I did apologize profusely for this and really didn't mean anything by it. Please help, I don't want other people to cancel my bids or block me because of this sellers comment about me. 😞

Sincerely,

Anne

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

"I would like to ask for any advice or comment how to fix this"

There is nothing to fix.  Do NOT worry about it.  Very few sellers would ever check replies to feedback you have left.  With time, the comment goes away (to page 2....)

Move on.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

If you really hate it call eBay and ask that it be removed.  

There is a good chance that they will because calling someone unethical and dishonest is probably crossing some line.

Good Luck.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Anne, you were extremely patient with this seller, and from what you've outlined, she was lucky to get away with only a partial refund.

Like Pierre has said, don't worry about it.  Your Feedback Left For Others has been consistently positive and if sellers were to review these comments, which is unlikely, they would see that your feedback for this seller was an exception.

Don't give it another thought.  I'm just sorry to hear that your transaction went so poorly.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply