Seller says item I ordered is defective. Hasn't yet cancelled the transaction?

wunderly
Community Member

I recently ordered a pair of shoes from a reputable seller. A day later they replied with this:

I replied saying I would prefer a refund as I would need more time to choose another pair. I've now sent three messages to them clarifying that I would like the full refund they've offered me. Unfortunately, I've yet to receive a reply from them stating that they've cancelled the transaction.

Is there anything I can do about this? I'm afraid that if I wait any longer this issue will just become harder to resolve. I'm also on a very tight budget and I'm eager to get back this money (I've already been charged on my credit card via paypal for this purchase). Please advise. Much appreciated, and many thanks.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Seller says item I ordered is defective. Hasn't yet cancelled the transaction?

Is it possible that they have refunded you and just haven't let you know? The refund will get credited to your cc account which can take some time. You might want to check your cc statement online.

If they don't contact you and there is no refund you can go to the resolution center and file for an item not received. I'm not sure if you can file this quickly but it doesn't hurt to try.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

Message 2 of 2
latest reply