Seller using others pictures, fake listings? Ebay not doing anything.

caru_zxlpt
Community Member

I came across a seller the other day who was using my pictures in his auctions. They were auctions that had ended weeks before and sold.

I contacted ebay about the listings but 4 days later his items are still up for sale. The items in question were sold to another buyer across the country.  But no doubt, those are my pictures. (yes i know, i will start watermarking)

I also found other listings with copied photos from other sellers. He is easy to find because he posts items that are fairly rare and are distinctive. 

This is a major problem. I don't mind that he used my picture (well i do but i'm more worried about the scam) but the fact is if he does not have a picture

of his own item(s) then he must not even have the items! If 4 days have passed and his listings are still up, there will be several people that will be scammed.  As of today his feedback is great with no issues. 

Is there someone from ebay who reads these posts? I'd like to chat "live" with someone.

thanks

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Is there someone from ebay who reads these posts? I'd like to chat "live" with someone.

You can "chat" by picking up the phone and calling. To get immediate action on the borrowed pictures you need to go through the Vero program.

No one from eBay that can or will do anything will ever see your post here.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I had a seller use my description in their listing.... word-for-word

Very obvious..... This seller did not remove my reference to Canada Post options for shipping.

The problem was this seller lived in the US and sold on eBay.com.

Reported and gone....

Many times it s difficult to prove something is being copied... and once reported... things do take time.... before a listing disappears...

The question becomes... Is this available on the internet  or just your listings....

Message 3 of 3
latest reply