Seller wants to cancel since the winning price is lower than he expected. How do I leave a feedback?

Now he is insisting he does not ship to my country which is Canada, but please refer to the page below to see that he is lying.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/301222025266?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

It seems to me nothing but that someone has offered him a better price.

I am very sad that I've already wasted my time waiting for a few days until the end of the auction to win his item.

Can I just ignore him and complete the payment?

Or how can I leave him a negative feedback when he sent me a request of canceling transaction?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Can I just ignore him and complete the payment? Yes. He...

Can I just ignore him and complete the payment?

Yes.

He still may not ship to you, but then you have to file an Item Not Received dispute to get your money back.

Or how can I leave him a negative feedback when he sent me a request of canceling transaction?

There is no barrier to leaving feedback, even before payment. 

However, if he files an Unpaid Item Dispute, the feedback will be removed and you will have a Strike on your account which will make it more difficult to bid on eBay in the future.

Oh. He already sent a Mutual Cancellation Request. You can accept and leave appropriate feedback. You can refuse and leave appropriate feedback.  BTW, he cannot open a Dispute if he has already opened a Mutual Cancellation request.

Hmm.

Talk to him. You can use eBay Messages or get his phone number from eBay. (He gets yours at the same time.)

Explain that he can send your item by USPS First Class International which both has Delivery Confirmation to Canada and carries up to four pounds in weight.  So he is protected.

One caveat. If he posted that he ships internationally, but did not give an exact price for shipping to Canada, whatever he feels is appropriate is what eBay will deem you agreed to pay.

This may make the Mutual Cancellation seem like a Good Ideal.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for the reply. I still wonder what is the best to do. Whatever way I choose, he can leave me a negative feedback too, right?
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I just had one last week that got mad at me for bidding on 2 of his auctions saying I don't ship to Canada. He went on & on, really upsetting, I explained to him that ebay would not allow a bid if you did not ship to that country. He is on the global shipping, which he says he did not know, & that he only has to ship to Kentucky & they get it the rest of the way.
I had another, global shipping too, she is now not an ebay member & she says yes she mailed it to me & has a tracking number but that is untrue as she only had to send to Kentucky that is why we pay the extra shipping.
You can say you don't want to cancel the auction win & he can still not send you the item & you are out the money.
After you can still leave feedback, just don't go overboard as the can ask ebay to remove it
Just say seller says doesn't ship outside u.s which is a lie, just wants more money
Good luck
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Sellers cannot leave Negative feedback for buyers under any circumstances.

They cannot even leave a Positive feedback with negative comments or

the buyer can have it removed.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I explained to him that ebay would not allow a bid if you did not ship to that country.

Not true actually. Unless a seller actually manually Blocks a country, he can get bids from foreigners. He can also Report them as Unwanted Bidders if they win.

He is on the global shipping, which he says he did not know,

Entirely possible. EBay has been signing up new sellers without explaining clearly what they are agreeing to.

I had another, global shipping too, she is now not an ebay member & she says yes she mailed it to me & has a tracking number but that is untrue as she only had to send to Kentucky that is why we pay the extra shipping.

Open an Item Not Received Dispute. PitneyBowes/GPS will refund you . You only have 45 days from purchase so act now.

You can say you don't want to cancel the auction win & he can still not send you the item & you are out the money.

The OP will not be out the money if he pays then opens an INR dispute. EBay/Paypal will refund him and go after the seller for the money. However, it is a waste of time and he may lose out on the exchange rate.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply