Seller was hacked when I bought an item

A few months ago I bought an item from a seller, I usually don't expect the item to arrive quickly thus I didn't think much of it and thought it would arrive when it did. I thought this particularly because it was in electronic and I assumed it was coming from an Asian country because it was in bulk and on the cheaper side. Recently I looked back on the item and attempted to find information about what was going on. Then I found that the item details was no longer listed and was almost as thought the item didn't exist.

I contacted the seller, received a quick reply finding out that they'd been hacked and explained that ebay was handing the issue. My concern now is if that is an ongoing process and are they actually perusing it. I wanted to write a report, try to explain what happened and see what can be done in regards from returns. However my issue right now is that I can't seem to find any way to contact ebay about this issue because the current help centre keeps providing me with no help what so ever. I've went multiple routes.

Any ideas what I can do?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

IF you paid, you'll have a record of it under your payment method which we will assume is Paypal. Find the transaction under your Paypal Account Activity and go form there. If ebay removed the listing, they are handling it and you've nothing to report. You can, of course, get your money back for an item that never existed. Do that. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

The Paypal Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

You have already contacted the seller, so skip that step.

You have 180 days from payment to open an Item Not Received dispute.

If the seller cannot prove delivery , you will be refunded and PP will go after the hacker for their money.

Mention that the seller's account was hacked in the Dispute if you can.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply