Sellers dashboard summary

I don`t understand that because I am in Canada and Canada post has different rates then the US I get below standard rating on my dashboard. Globally I am "above standard".

When I list something I only charge what Canada post charges for shipping and because buyers in the US are not happy with this I get rated differently and it now it will affect my "Shipping and Handling Charges" rating. Now because of this I may loose my store. I don`t think that is fare and I may get screwed over because I live in Canada and ship Canada post.

Something wrong with this picture....

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

they should be looking at the postage on the package to see if they were charged that amount,i know its not fair.,how about upping your start price and offering free postage.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

It's something all Canadian sellers work with so we do understand.

I see you are already using Free Shipping on your 'letter' sized items.

Have you considered that some of your items may not be appropriate for international shipping?

When you use domestic Free Shipping you get an automatic 5 Star Rating for shipping price. Can you make shipping to the US $0.00 as well? It may be that your US buyers are seeing the Canadian Free Shipping icon and are taken aback when they are charged extra.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Here is what I have been slowly implementing as I get my whole store revised....

Say lettermail within Canada cost $2.20 and you offer that Free so worked into your price be sure to discount that into your domestic shipping price to... This has actually dramatically started to increase my US sales..

Just give quick example ... .

$1.51 domestic and you offer it free  which is 50-100 gram lettermail

Well not deduct that of the US light packet so $4.28 =$2.77 so now The US buyer only pays $2.77 and nobody will scorn you DSR for those prices..

Same with Expedited shipping ..

This helped me alot so I would suggest trying it out and remember as long as you off Free domestic shipping you will never pay fees on your international shipping so you could even pass thos saving on to further deduct cost but I don't go that far but you could if you wanted to ...

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

The thing with the customer looking at the shipping cost is they can`t. Only because it does not state on most of the labels because I print them out directly from the computer myself. I have actually done that on some of the items but I have also had to go into those same ads and state that if you buy more then one that I can give discount. For example comic books. I have put them at $5 and free shipping. But if they buy 2 comic books I don`t want customers to think that it will cost them $12 for 2 other wise they won`t buy from me and I will loose a sale.

The feedback comments I get on everyone (which is 99.7%) is positive. Quick shipping, very happy etc. etc. etc. but yet they still give me a 1 or 2 star on shipping and handling.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply