Archive 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

eBay Restricting use of outdated Internet Security Protocol

Hi eBay Members, eBay has decided to restrict the use of outdated Internet Security Protocol, SSL 3.0, because we have determined that it does not meet our standards. As such, some Turbo Lister users could see some connectivity issues. For more infor...

Holiday Returns available in Turbo Lister

Hi Turbo Lister Users, The option to apply Holiday Returns in Turbo Lister is now available in the Beta version of the program. When deciding whether or not to be a Beta user, please keep in mind that the beta versions aren't free of bugs, nor are th...

HolidayReturns.jpg

Recent Issues w/Turbo Lister Sign In

Hi Turbo Lister Users, A recent Windows update has caused some programs, including Turbo Lister, to crash. To sign-in to Turbo Lister before the improved Windows update is released, please follow these steps: Open Internet Explorer Open the Tools men...

(OT) Holy Carp..The Earth Moved

Anyone in Ontario feel the earthquake at about 1:45 est today? Didn't seem overly severe but, sure got my attention. At first I though, oh no, it's something G20 related but, was definitely a quake.

User avatar by Community Member
  • 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Changes to Feedback Policy

Link Changes to eBay's Negative Feedback Removal Policy By: Ina Steiner Thu June 17 2010 21:25:38 To the Editor: A user left me a nasty negative and then got suspended a few weeks ago. I emailed my TSAM asking why the comment stayed and they emailed ...

Editing a listing starting at a future date and time...

I have set up a listing to go active on a specific date and time, and now I need to modify the listing, but I can't seem to find it anywhere, probably because it is not an active listing yet. How do I access listings that have not started yet, so I c...

Search Standings

Curious! Did they change the levels of SEARCH STANDINGS? I thought there use to be RAISED, STANDARD and LOWERED. I'm asking because while all of my numbers everywhere I look are higher than in previous months and I had RAISED standing in SEARCH, I no...

Buyer changing his mind and ask for full refund after shippment

My question for ebay is about how they can protect honest sellers that did everything correctly and yet the buyers have a way around it to either change their mind after shippment or scam the seller by claim a refund and then picking up the item from...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Can I Please Get Some Help Re SNAD Case?

Hi all, I've never had a SNAD case filed on me before. I have a Canadian buyer who bought a Windows 7 Vista Upgrade from me and he's claiming it's not new, that it's been opened and reshrink wrapped, the serial number has been cut etc. This guy asked...

• 14 replies
  • 0 helpful

ProStore and eBay Store can't decide

Hello everyone, Does anyone operate ProStores with Powerseller program,, can anyone recommend any benefit running ebay listing on proStore along with your online own listing?? I had discussion with Rep @ ProStore and I am comfortable with features..b...

Feedback Filtering on Member Profile Page

Starting next week, you’ll be able to see a member’s Feedback ratings by type – positive, neutral, or negative – on their Feedback Profile page. Just go to the Feedback Profile page and click on a number in the Recent Feedback Ratings table to filter...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

CanadaPost website does not offer Expedited Parcel ?

Recently I run few quotes and Expedited Parcel disappeared from CanadaPost website. I made sure to use the Business section of the website, it keeps offering Regular Parcel. I realize the pricing is the same (before PP discount), but I am more intere...

• 16 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ebays Automated Shipping Emails

About one in twenty times when using the Paypal shipping tool, eBay sends an automated shipping email to my customer. It reads like: "I have shipped the following item to you. You should be receiving it shortly. Item title: (Blah blah blah, etc) Once...

Anyone else notice Canada Post raised thier rates?

Just noticed when making shipping label via Papal that my rates have gone up. Where it used to cost me $6.97 to ship cartridge to Toronto, it now costs $6.99. Not a big increase but wondering if anyone else noticed it? This is via Expedited Parcel.

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Shipping calculator gives DIFFERENT quotes for different ID/same address?

Hey everyone. Just wanted to share this: I came across a lot of books on ebay that had a UPS ship quote to Canada of $25.25. We all know that UPS is a no no to have items shipped here and besides that, the items I am looking at can fit into a GP flat...

eBay VIRUS

Hi Everyone, For the past several days I've had a difficult time getting around eBay. I finally had to give in and call Trust and Safety because I could not log into my account on .com where I normally log into. I called T & S 3 days ago and the rep ...

Advice needed from Antique & Collectable Sellers

I didn't want to sabotage purse_of_the_legionary's thread with a change of subject so I am asking this question on a separate thread. I have recently had 2 friends ask me about selling antiques and collectables on eBay. Two years ago, or even 1 year ...

Yes, I still get my PS discount!

Russ Patterson Good news for Canadian PowerSellers! Effective immediately, as a Canadian PowerSeller, you will receive the highest Final Value Fee discount you qualify for, regardless of whether your listing was created on eBay.com or eBay.ca. The ch...

I got a Dollar I got a Dollar hey hey

Sold my paintball arm My ebay arm is sold as of July 1'st . Im arm less Enjoy i will phaze out of ebay in the next month to let the guy who bought me out take over . ( No more emails ) ha ha Mmm Im hopping in bed with oil company's now out in Saskabu...

eBay bug - Request Total w/ US address then change to Canadian

We already had this one once when I had the Ireland buyer shipping to Ontario. It was less than $1 issue, so I went along. Now buyer requests total with Michigan address, invoice is created with $8 for Priority Mail shipping (Flat Rate Box by USPS) W...

• 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Where do sponsored links come from?

Does anyone know which company has the rights to place the sponsored links that appear at the bottom of search results? I called eBay support 2x and no one had a clue. Bernie

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

UPI's & Refunds - I Was Right!! AARGH

Ever since they announced this new UPI system and automated nonsense I was wondering about this. I wondered what would happen if the buyer bought an item and made up their own shipping cost. I usually refund and reinvoice. Would the system recognize ...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

What do you think about this one?

I don't often have packages that are not received but it happens, just as it does for everyone else. So we just re-ship, refund or whatever the situation calls for and life goes on. But there are times when a transaction just doesn't sit well and thi...

Performance of Canadian vs. US eBay Account

After 2 months of testing I can say that Canadian account listing on eBay.ca has exactly same or perhaps even better performance than US account listing on eBay.com Both accounts were PowerSellers and had Premium Store. Using same listings, same keyw...

• 13 replies
  • 0 helpful

Blank listings.

I have periodically noticed a new glitch in the past few days. When I click on some of the listings in my store all I can see is a message at the top saying that this listing is live, then a big white space, and then the listing title. I just did a s...

Is this a fraud?

Hi, I need your input on this. I received this inquiry to my info email of my website: Hello, I will like to order some items from you and get it shipped to my place in Japan, also i will be paying via my credit card which was issued in the United st...

• 14 replies
  • 0 helpful

Speaking of Canada Post.....

Changes at the top for Canada Post, I'm sure the Brits will treat her with the respect she deserves but rarely received from Canada Post customers. montrealgazette.com/business/Canada+Post+chief+head+Queen+mail/3079398/story.html

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Pierre's suggestion for automated emails

Pierre, I would like to take the opportunity, once again, to thank you for your suggestion. You have no idea how many buyers have commented on our end-of-auction (sale) automated email to the effect that it has made them stop, look, and purchase more...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Help needed: Turkey Address

Hi All...especially Bernie, I have a buyer from Turkey and this is the address given through PayPal: MEHMET HATUN TURAN GUNES BLV. NO:28 B:BLOK DAIRE:3 YILDIZ ÇANKAYA ANKARA TÜRKİYE ANKARA, ANKARA 06550 Turkey It looks like Ankara is said 3 different...

Merchant account vs Paypal

The sales on my website are rising and I am starting to think about getting a merchant account to accept credit cards. Right now I only take Paypal. I know that Paypal is the main choice of payment on eBay. But what about the rest of the world? Most ...

• 27 replies
  • 0 helpful
Unanswered Questions
No posts to display.