Selling Cuba stamps on ebay

I was told last week that I could not list three Cuba Revenue Stamps from the 19th Century on Ebay as it conflicted with the U S Laws established by the Treasury Department.  How about item 251399276798 providing many Cuba stamps? Why is there a double standard? I certainly don't appreciate it. Treat Canadians equally!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Selling Cuba stamps on ebay

"Treat Canadians equally!"

It has nothing to do with being Canadian.

Unfortunately, the laws of the USA do not allow entry of stamps from Cuba into the USA.

Stamps already in the USA can be sold within the USA.

Also, the policies at eBay do not match exactly the laws of the USA.  eBay's rules are more restrictive.

Nothing nobody can do about it.  I suggest you sell you Cuban stamps elsewhere.

Stamps collectors collected Cuban stamps before eBay and will continue to do so.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Just out of curiosity, would the OP be allowed to sell the Cuban stamps on ebay if they shipped only within Canada?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

No because eBay is an American company and, like many American companies, obeys American laws even outside its territory.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Even with other countries, if you are selling stamps (or other products) from the proscribed countries, which also include North Korea and Iran, Paypal will not process the payment.

However, on other sites you can demand payment by money order , cash, or personal cheque.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I think it is important that people be fully informed. This is just a recent quirk with Ebay, as last May, Cuban stamps could were items listed on Ebay.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Technically, the US does allow transactions if the stamps are pre-Revolution (1959 or so?).

But that has been dumbed down.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply