Selling Manager Pro Subscription question

I have an eBay store on eBay.ca.  I list mainly on eBay.ca with some listing on eBay.com.

I have Selling Manager Pro. I can save eBay.ca listings to SM Pro Inventory. I cannot save eBay.com listings to SM Pro.

1) Do I need to have a subscription to SM Pro on eBay.com to use Inventory?

2) Do I have to pay again for SM Pro on eBay.com? 

3) If you have a Premium account, SM Pro is free.  If I have a Premium store on eBay.ca, does that mean I can have SM Pro free on eBay.ca and eBay.com?

4) Does the two SM pro integrate well when subscribed on two sites?

PS I had free subscriptions to basic Selling Manager on both sites and they worked well together without any issues for the past 10 months.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

leb17
Community Member

Hi pocomo

You might want to ask over on the ebay.com site as well here:

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/forum/Selling-Manager-Pro/137

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thanks. I was going to try over there later if this topic got no response.  I know that the same eBay staff on that forum responds here also but it takes a little longer.

Since it is a Canadian orientated question, I thought maybe some Canadian sellers using both sites and using SM Pro might know.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

"I thought maybe some Canadian sellers using both sites and using SM Pro might know."

My eBay store is on eBay.com.  I subscribe to Selling Manager Pro on eBay.com.  I list mostly on eBay.com

When listing on eBay.ca or trying to relist or revise listings on eBay.ca, Selling Manager Pro is not available.  I have to use "my eBay" (basic).

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

By "my eBay" basic on eBay.ca, I assume you mean you use the eBay.ca online Sell Your Item form and copy/paste from active eBay.com listings and/or SM Pro Inventory templates/listings on eBay.com.

On eBay.ca you still have to fill in the other parts of the listing, upload the photos, add in the title, etc.

Of course, once created on eBay.ca, you can use the Sold and UnSold listing views to relist saving time.

PS You mentioned My eBay. Do you not have the Selling Manager basic subscribed to on eBay.ca? I have found the two integrate well with no apparent issues in months of having Selling Manager basic on both eBay sites.

I find the SM listings views easier to work with than My eBay. One advantage is that SM has 90 days of listings versus 60 days for My eBay. So the Sold and Unsold listing on ebay.ca are available longer if holding them for the next auction special or what ever purpose.

I also have SM subscribed to on eBay.ca French version. I never used the French site but I know that you have in the past..

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

For the very few listings (less than 10) I have on eBay.ca, I do not need SM.

I continue to use eBay.com almost exclusively.

eBay.cafr was fun when they had listing promotions where a seller could get free sub-titles.  However, now that I am retired, I trry to KISS. 🙂

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

My selling mgr pro is on .ca - but I still list mostly on .com and it works fine for me for what I do.

I work within SMpro and when you click relist or list similar it automatically switches over to the listing on .com.

I don't really use the inventory functions so don't know about that.

hm now that I think about it, maybe this has something to do with why the "relisted" icon fails sometimes or why some of my lsitings weren't showing up on .ca.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply